A Leading Investment Management firm is looking for a Principal Engineer to join the Fixed Income Front Office technology team, building a suite of next-generation, cloud native applications.
They are looking for a Principal or Senior Engineer to join their Fixed Income Front Office technology team to build a new platform on AWS. The platform will require a individual who is capable across the full stack with Java on the back end. As a key contributor throughout the entire product lifecycle, you will be required to think outside the box and bring cutting edge technology in-house.
In this role, you will help engineer and develop new capabilities using modern web/cloud technologies for use by our Portfolio Managers and Quantitative Analysts.
- Demonstrable passion for technology ideally with personal projects or open-source involvement.
- Someone who takes pride in engineering excellence and instils these values in others.
- A proponent of strong collaborative software engineering techniques and methods: agile development, continuous integration, code review or pairing, unit testing, refactoring and related approaches.
- Proficient with a range of open source frameworks and development tools – React/Redux, Node.js, D3, NumPy, SciPy, Pandas, Jupyter.
- Experience building and deploying a modern web/cloud stack:
- Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, or similar
- ECS, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform
- Continuous integration and deployment technologies
- Knowledge of one or more relevant database technologies – SQL Server, Oracle, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, RedShift
- Proficient on Linux platforms with knowledge of various scripting languages
- Strong desire to develop using TDD and BDD technologies
- A solid understanding of tradable financial instruments (securities, derivatives) and capital markets
- Experience of web-based development and visualisation technology for portraying large and complex data sets and relationships
- An advanced level of relevant mathematical knowledge e.g. statistics, time-series analysis, asset pricing theory, optimisation algorithms.
- Experience with algorithms and data structures
If there is any interest, or you think you may know someone who would be interested, please feel free to contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0207 796 3218.