Principal Data Scientist
IHS Markit is a global market leader in providing information, analytics and solutions for industries and markets that drive economies worldwide. The Financial Services division is the largest division within IHS Markit.
This is an opportunity to join the Advanced Analytics Team where, as a senior member, you can directly contribute to the value we deliver to our clients in Financial Services.
At IHS Markit, we have extraordinary and unique data spanning Financial Services, Energy, Economic Country Risk, Automotive, Maritime & Trade and other sectors.
If, like us, you are excited by what can be done to improve our products and services by intelligently combining this data, then you could be a great addition to the team. Responsibilities
Requirements and Skills
- Develop models, algorithms and data pipelines that leverage wealth of IHS Markit data to provide actionable insights to clients
- Lead data science product development end to end: from POC to productization
- Actively explore and identify the latest relevant techniques
- Identify opportunities for innovation across Financial Services
- 5+ years of professional experience in Advanced Analytics / Data Science / Machine Learning / Quant, including in the Financial Services sector
- Hands on project lifecycle experience, from business analysis to productization
- Coding experience (preferably Python) to write robust and high standard code; experience with version control (preferably Git)
- Experience working with databases (e.g. SQL)
- Ability to quickly acquire new technical skills
- Experience of working with large data sets and distributed computing
- Good understanding of mathematical foundations of Machine Learning models
- Able to translate business problems into problems that can be solved with Data Science
- Econometrics / Financial Engineering background
- Time series modelling
- Cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience with model visualization and explainability
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, because we are a United States (US) federal contractor, we are requiring all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have been approved for an accommodation due to a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief. The company also participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the US.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.