Principal Data Engineer - Financial Services - London
- Sep 09, 2021
- £100k - £105k
Opportunity for a lead engineer to work with a leading financial services client as they migrate from on premise to the cloud!
Morgan Mckinley is partnered with a leading financial services client who are looking for a principal data engineer. Responsibilities
- You will serve as an evangelist of the core building blocks of the technology strategy and direction that the Technology Strategy team crafts and will work with internal stakeholders.
- Contribute to the definition of reusable patterns and data oriented blueprints
- Drive discovery and requirements analysis with business teams to shape data pipelines and data management capabilities
- Curate the technical principles, governance artefacts, tools and technologies that are used to build quality solutions in the data arena and beyond.
- Proven work experience as a Data Architect or Experienced Data Engineer
- Experience gathering and analysing data requirements
- Hands-on experience with SQL and Integration Tools
- Experience in leading, designing and implementing cloud data strategies, including designing multi-phased implementation roadmaps
- Hands-on experience in rolling out data platforms on premises using technologies such as Hadoop, Kafka, Apache Spark, Apache Flink, relational and NoSQL data stores at scale.
- Hands-on experience with big data application development and/or with cloud data warehousing (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Redshift, Snowflake, GCP BigQuery)
- Hands-on project experience with scripting/programming languages and supporting tools such as Python, Java, Scala
- Experience in designing data engineering solutions using open source and proprietary cloud data pipeline tools such as Airflow, Glue and Dataflow.
Please get in touch to discuss further!
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative. BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.