Principal Change Analyst
Who we're looking for
An enthusiastic Principal Change Analyst who enjoys the challenges that come with working on large enterprise wide programmes. You will be responsible for supporting internal business customers at Schroders to help manage large scale change by performing analysis, contributing to drafting the business case and co-ordinating delivery of multiple features by a number of Capability aligned agile teams. Principal Change Analysts are innovative and passionate Business Analysts who demonstrate a superior level of skills, experience and professionalism relative to their peers as well as having the passion to provide leadership, guidance and support to other Change Analysts in the team.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. And we have everything we need to work flexibly.
You will be part of Group Change at Schroders. Group Change designs and delivers solutions to enterprise level challenges and consists of a number of specialist practices: Business Consulting, Business Design, Lean and Agile Operational Excellence and Enterprise Change.
This role is within the Enterprise Change Team. We are a friendly, supportive and collaboratve team comprising of Change Managers, Change Analysts and ePMO specilaists who manage the delivery of Enterprise wide cross-domain change programmes and projects.
What you'll do
• Lead the business analysis approach to ensure the effective delivery of Enterprise Change projects, covering activities such as:
• Confirming nature and scope of change
• Impact assessment of changes
• GAP & Options analysis
• Analysis and documentation of requirements (Epics, Features & Stories)
• Identification and analysis of solutions
• Design and implementation of process and organisational changes
• Contribute to high level analysis of proposed epics to identify scope, size and value of Epics
• Provide business analysis support to Epic sponsors & Change Managers in preparing the business case
• Contribute to managing non-technology change (e.g. process, vendor engagement, procurement)
• Committing to developing and maintaining trust alongside a good working relationship with senior business stakeholders, Group Change, Global Technology and the wider change management community
• Solution Design - estimating complexity and size, determining technical design (within architectural guidelines) and business process and organisational change
• Support Product Owners and Change Managers with the required oversight to ensure that features and stories to be delivered by the Delivery team are suitably well defined and structured.
• Responsible for leading analysis tasks which contribute to the delivery of the project as required by the Product Owner
• Work with Capability Owners and Leads to break Epics down into Features and act as a bridge between the Business Teams and Technology resource (Analysts, Developers, Quality Assurance) to ensure correct implementation of requirements.
• Interpret business requirements into system requirements
• Develop effective and trusted relationships with vendors and other parties external to Schroders that are part of the programme delivery.
• Work with colleagues from Technology Agile Teams and Shared Srevice teams to both communicate and accept dependencies
• Commit to increasing their skills and experience in Change Analysis and contribute to defining and continuously improving best practice for Change Analysis
• Providing leadership and guidance to other team members to improve their change analysis skills
• Supporting the Change Manager and performing elements of the Change Manager role where required to do so
• Supporting the development of the wider Group Change organization through leadership of communities, guilds or key involvement in other non-core activities
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Experience of Agile working practices
• Strong experience and excellent understanding of the Asset Management industry required
• Wide experience of business analysis across a number of business domains including business transformational change, process change and technology change; number of different (positive) experiences is valued higher then length of experience
• Strong communication skills, experience managing relationships with senior business stakeholders
• Understanding the need of our clients and the business and tailoring the approach accordingly
• Logical, structured thought processes and excellent problem solving skills
• Excellent relationship management skills - able to engage with and gain the confidence of others and maximise their contribution to the process
• Able to demonstrate initiative
• Able to provide leadership and guidance to other members in the team
• Focus on quality
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Experience of SAFe working practices is desirable
• Basic professional qualifications relating to the asset management industry (such as IMC)
• Business analysis (ISEB) are preferred
What you'll be like
• Passionate about mastering and innovating change best practice
• Inspiring and collaborative team player with a desire to provide leadership and guidance to other team members
• Friendly, approachable, enjoys working with people from a variety of backgrounds
• Comfortable with ambiguity and change
• Receptive to others' ideas and responds constructively to challenges
• Can develop new ideas and approaches that impact on existing methods, policies and approaches.
• Confident enough to be able to challenge business ideas where they do not meet stated objectives
• A technical minded person with a desire to keep abreast of ever changing Asset Management and Change industries.
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.