Principal, Business Analyst
For over 235 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of the global financial markets, providing the world's leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. We power individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management.
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level. The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting, investment operations and technology.
Our organizational culture stands on solid values - Integrity, Strength in Diversity, Passion for Excellence and Courage to Lead. Our guiding principles drive us to always do what's right, helping everyone feel included on the way, to take the risks necessary to lead and get things done. Department/Team overview
AST Information Delivery provides technology services across multiple lines of business supporting the Asset Servicing function. The team is focused on providing best in class solutions utilising cutting edge technology and processes. Through the creation of new products and services the team is tasked with creating industry leading, value-add capabilities for our internal operations teams, our key client base, and potential new clients. By focusing on innovation, the power of data and thought leadership the team will drive BNY Mellon forward, help shape the company, and differentiate us from our peers.
BNYM are looking for a passionate individual to join their growing AST Information Delivery department as a Business Analyst. The AST Information Delivery team is spread globally, and you will work closely with Project Managers, Analysts, Developers and Architects based in London, as well as a small development team based in India (Pune and Chennai).
The team is working towards becoming a fully agile software development team, focusing on delivering often, embracing early feedback from our customers, and improving working practice leveraging best in class standards and software toolsets.
This is a very unique moment to join the team as the whole AST group is going through the major changes both from the location strategy perspective but also in terms of shifting the focus towards significantly modernizing the technology stack to leverage some of the benefits provided by company-wide strategic initiatives (Nexen, Greenfield). Your role
The successful candidate will work with partners in product, operations, external strategic partnerships, and external clients to help define and realise new joint capabilities. The candidate will assist with the planning and execution of client onboarding.
The candidate will also be part of a multi skill development team responsible for all phases of the systems integration lifecycle, delivering solutions that add direct value to our large and diverse client base. The team works on a range of applications, delivering changes of various scale and complexity, both on vendor and in house developed software, with legacy as well as new technology components implemented from scratch. Therefore we need a Business Analyst to:
• Liaise with the Product and Business Partners and Developers to deeply understand the existing system functionalities;
• Analyse, define and challenge the business requirements to come up with the solutions that are fit for purpose, satisfactory for the end-users yet relatively easy to implement by the Development Team;
• Translate the requirements into precise and comprehensive functional specifications and use-case scenarios;
• Liaise with Project Manager and Dev Managers to define and prioritize scope, objectives, constraints and assumptions for development sprints;
• Gather and analyse information and developers' recommendations to address strategic business objectives that span multiple, global business and technology areas;
• Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
• Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyse information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artefacts as needed: Business Requirements Document, Use Cases, Operating Model inputs, outputs & deliverables
• Use company-wide requirements definition and management systems, and methodologies as required
• Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
Apply experiences across various software and/or systems development processes to define and collect metrics and identify as well as implement opportunities for improvement to increase quality of requirements and speed up time-to-market.
We provide clearly defined, transparent development pathways to help you grow both personally and professionally. The benefits we offer to you were carefully selected to build your comfort of working and help you reach your personal goals:
• Full time contract of employment
• Life and medical insurance, pension scheme
• Diverse and inclusive environment strengthened with your unique perspective
• Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your individual health and wellbeing needs
• Structured career development and possibilities for and global mobility
• Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
• Well-defined recognition programs helping you build your personal brand
• Flexible benefits package including fitness discounts and cafeteria system
• Employee Referral Program
• A multitude of opportunities to get involved in community and charity projects through Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) Qualifications
The successful candidate will demonstrate/possess:
• Formal education in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline (or equivalent relevant experience.
• At least 4 years of experience as a Business Analyst, preferably in a banking or similar environment
• Strong analytical and product management skills
• Experience with building solutions based on business and technology requirements
• Understanding of service orientated multi-tiered application architecture utilizing web service standards and protocols (REST, JSON)
• Comfortable with a range of project and software development methodologies - experience with agile scrum preferable
• Ability to problem solve in a high paced development environment.
• Familiar with data models
• Understanding of Cloud Infrastructure BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United Kingdom-Greater London-London Job:
Information Technology Internal Jobcode:
Asset Servicing Technology-HR07302 Requisition Number: