- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- M&G Prudential
- Full time
- London, England, United Kingdom
- 17 Apr 19
- Supporting the Audit Manager for each assignment through the entire audit process from planning through to issue management and closure.
- Contributing to the delivery of audit reviews of processes, controls and systems within Business Units across the Company as required.
- Execute one or more audit assignments simultaneously. Collate information on the area being audited to perform an adequate Background including Organizational framework, description and diagrams of IT Systems, External and internal regulatory regulations, reports and communications from Supervisory authorities, previous audit reports results, financial and budgetary information, outsourced activities, key controls, identification of possible benchmarks for assessing processes and controls efficiency and effectiveness.
- Cooperate with Data Analytics team and contribute to identify the most proper Data analyses aimed at identifying deviations or Key Risks Indicator.
- Dialogue and interviews with the management responsible for the area being audited.
- Document the key processes and associated controls being examined in the audit, using flowcharts where necessary. Complete a control and risk assessment matrix following documentation of the systems and processes being reviewed.
- Devise and review testing programmes and perform testing, as required.
- Write and review working papers to ensure they comply with the Internal Audit manual and QA requirements, including drafting review points when necessary. Discuss findings and draft observations with Audit Manager.
- Draft internal audit reports and assist Audit Managers with finalising the findings and observations with auditee management.
- Support the process of reviewing evidence of delivery against recommendations through to closure.
- Participate in steering committees, project boards and/or other bodies, as required.
- Promote M&G Internal Audit and the service it provides by building strong and effective
- Working relationships with senior management, other staff and external auditors.
Job & Personal Skills:
- Serve as a technical advisor and role model for any Auditors on assignment.
- Routinely seek information from the auditee regarding their needs and concerns, and be alert to potential problems in the auditee relationship and engagement.
- Develop sound job administration skills so that jobs run smoothly.
- Demonstrable experience of influencing and challenging senior management and building excellent relationships.
- Demonstrate the ability to evaluate, synthesize, organize and interpret data and information stemming from different areas to capture meaningful trends.
- Appropriate post-qualification experience in an IA role, management experience an advantage.
- Recognised Audit or Accountancy Qualification (additional qualifications such as CISA are beneficial).
- High attention to detail and rigorous logical thinking ability.
- Recognised Audit or Accountancy Qualification (additional qualifications such as CISA are beneficial).What would you expect at this level?
Knowledge & Experience:
- Auditing distribution of Asset Management and Insurance products in different jurisdictions
- Knowledge of the main Regulations impacting Asset management and Insurance products distribution in Europe, Asia and US