The successful candidate will have to ensure an optimal Prime Brokerage Services production quality by providing a stable information system thanks to a technical and functional support across Listed Derivatives, Equities (cash/synthetic), FX, Fixed Income and OTC Cleared.To remain on the cutting edge of technical and technological information system and due to financial regulation you will have to guaranty its evolution’s agility in today fast-changing environmentOur candidate needs to have the ability to work well within a team, on his/her own initiative in a highly pressurized environment.
SG Job description:
Description of the Business Line or Department
Our Prime Brokerage Services proposes a unique continuum of expertise that offers global access to a complete cross-asset service in cash and listed derivative instruments across Equities, Fixed Income, and Foreign Exchange.
More precisely we offer a client-focused model, a simple managed account structure and a global 24/6 follow-the-sun service throughout the trade life-cycle.
Our mains clients include: hedge funds, Commodity Trading Advisor, pension funds, asset managers, financial institutions, brokers, public trading groups, investors.
The Prime Brokerage analyst role provides a unique opportunity to gain exposure to our business. We work alongside our business partners allowing us to gain business knowledge acting as a technical and functional solutions provider.
Summary of the Key Purposes of the Role
The successful candidate will have to ensure an optimal Prime Brokerage Services production quality by providing a stable information system thanks to a technical and functional support across Listed Derivatives, Equities, FX, Fixed Income and OTC Cleared.
To remain on the cutting edge of technical and technological information system and due to financial regulation you will have to guaranty its evolution’s agility in today fast-changing environment
Our candidate needs to have the ability to work well within a team, on his/her own initiative in a highly pressurized environment. Also, responsive, high-energy, we need him/her to be able to get quickly a fluent understanding of our business needs.
The candidate has to manage the expectations and relationships of users, sponsors and senior management.
Summary of Responsibilities
Production: * Manage the Morning Check: ensure all the information system is up and running before the market opening
* During the trading phases, act as a technical and functional solutions provider
* Manage and monitor the real time Clearing tools
* Manage the Evening Check by performing system/application delivery complying with continuous delivery mode
* Track recurrent issues and define the action plan/ date for the definitive fix
* Responsible for the accurate and up-to-date monitoring
* Ensure that Each release is thoroughly tested to ensure software quality is maintained.
Ensuring the highest level of service for the above tasks at all times and following escalation process in place.
Process management: * Maintain and enhance existing processes/applications on production side
* Maintain and enhance/adapt existing processes for monitoring and implement new ones to secure the production
* Implement and enhance « Follow The Sun » (FTS) strategy in order to get the same information level for each place and forestall potential incident during the night
* Rapid development software development to ensure a rapid incident resolution and facilitate the daily activity of our team.
* Investigate and ensure that the production is under control
Client relationship management: * Manage/develop a nearby relationship with each Brokerage/Operational desk and ensure all requests/incidents are well handle by the team giving them feedbacks
* With the Agile method, work closely with your business to increase customer satisfaction by rapid and continuous delivery of useful software
* Regular adaptation to changing circumstances.
* Perform trainings with the business to understand their business criticality and adjust the business Service Level Agreements
* Plan a Support-Business meeting each month with Heads of Brokerage/Operational desks to follow-up all blocking requests/incidents and summarize major incidents
* Train the business on Post-Trade Tools for new joiners and for the others on new functionalities
Report to the management the business Survey’s results with the related action plans
STP Tools life-cycle management: * Ensure to make the interface between the business and developers by translating them the business needs with a top down communication
* Follow-up those business needs via Support-Developers meeting each week to give them feedbacks, to correct detected bugs and enhancements needed. Share the Communication Report of the meeting with team and management
* Help on some post-trade tool specifications thanks to our good business understanding and to our project impact analysis
* In case of Major Incident or a Crisis, manage the communication with business accordingly to their criticality and with all the involved stakeholders
Always keep our Client facing/Clearing tools up to date on production’s side via a pro-active delivery management system.
Knowledge management:* Ensure that the knowledge is well recorded in a knowledge database
* Create and update procedures for standardized checks, also make sure they are understandable and shared with the team
* Plan trainings livened up by every team members. That means the team’s involvement, topic’s preparation and its broadcast
Ensure we have an accurate representation and documentation of our applications/systems architecture, otherwise create/update them. Be sure they are all understandable and available
* Manage all administrative tasks providing major incident and problem report in our system also sending a post-mortem to the concerned stakeholders Profile description:
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to communicate complex, technical issues to non-technical staff.Ability to work within a 24x5 global team. Be able to work with colleagues in different time zones and Experience of working within a Financial Markets organisation, with solid support experience Knowledge of clearing systems/market technology Experience working within a high pressure environment
Operating Systems - Windows/Linux skills B-Oracle, SQL, Sybase Scripting languages – Shell ,Perl, Java, XML, Net, SQL, PL SQL Web Tools – IIS, Tomcat, Apache Networking – TCP/IP, Http, AS2, MQ, FTPS, SFTP, SOAP Middleware – Basic IBM Web Sphere application server Clearvision/SWIFT/Brady/Intellimatch
Ideally a Bachelor’s degree in IT / Computer Science and experience of working in a financial environment