Prime Services Technology - Analyst - London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 19 Jan 18 2018-01-19
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Application Opening Date: 05 January 2018
Application Closing Date: 01 February 2018
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
Prime Services is a technology intensive business that aims to provide our clients with all the tools and services to run their business. In Prime Services Technology we regularly consider new technology products available in the market or in the firm to meet our clients' needs and high trading volumes. As a result, we are constantly expanding our platform to offer clients more products, creating opportunities for people in the group to gain experience in a variety of different technologies.
As part of prime services technology, client synthetics technology team focuses on delivering new product features or services for synthetics trading requested by the existing or potential prime brokerage clients. That includes but not limits to: FIX connectivity with client and third party vendors, order creation, client allocation, trade booking, and client reporting. This gives our team many opportunities to learn how the synthetic business work and understand what each key component functions in the straight through processing. Time to market is one of the critical factors for clients to decide whether or not to start trading or ramping up the business with Goldman Sachs. To keep ourselves being competitive in the financial industry, the solutions that client synthetics team are offering have to be highly commercial and can be deployed in a short timeframe.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Translating business requirements into highly automated solution with minimal human intervention
- Presenting software design to global team for consensus
- Implementing proposed solutions with auto regression tests
- Form partnership with professionals from prime services, operations, trading, regulatory and compliance, and other technology teams in other regions
- Regularly updating the stakeholders on project status
- Following up queries from the business related to our services to prime brokerage clients
- Supporting production environment, assist in the diagnosis and resolution of incidents, and maintain the stability and integrity of systems
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic record with Bachelor's level or equivalent qualifications in Computer Science, Technology or a related discipline required
- Significant software development experience gained from financial services/technology/digital industries required
- Knowledge of Python and programming experience in C++/C# required
- Development experience using relational databases and SQL required
- Experience with RESTful web services, HTML, CSS and knowledge of AngularJS/JQuery required
- Project management and agile methodology experience required
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience of reporting, data modelling, algorithms and data structures required
- Demonstrable involvement with process improvement initiatives required
- Willingness and ability to quickly learn proprietary technologies
- Comfortable to work in a fast paced environment
- Interest in Finance/Financial markets
- Interest in synthetics trading business and not intimidated to look into the pricing model
- Good communication and client interaction skills required
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.