My client is undertaking a large strategic initiative to onboard a new vendor platform for Synthetic and Cash Prime Brokerage. The role is aligned to Global Markets IT which is responsible for developing and managing trading, pricing, analytics, research and sales systems supporting our Global Markets businesses. Please note - due to the specialist nature of this hire, only individuals from a Prime Brokerage background will be considered for this position.
Prime Brokerage - Project Manager/Business Analyst
The role is aligned to Global Markets IT which is responsible for developing and managing trading, pricing, analytics, research and sales systems supporting our Global Markets businesses.
Key Responsibilities and objectives critical to success:
- Project Management and Business Analysis is aligned to the strategic investment initiatives sponsored by Global Prime Finance, with a focus on a major vendor on-boarding, client migration and legacy decommission supporting Synthetic and Cash Prime Brokerage.
- Partner with global Business, Technology and Functional stakeholders to define the functional and non-functional requirements to on-board a vendor platform for Synthetic and Cash Prime Brokerage Business
- Agreeing business outcomes with project sponsor and key stakeholders, validating that planned project outputs deliver these outcomes
- Driving delivery across multiple teams in Technology and Business, ensuring the project delivers committed outcomes in the agreed timelines
- Monitoring and providing an honest, transparent assessment of project progress with timely reporting of status, issues, risks to various management team and governance forums as appropriate
- Excellent communication skills with ability to adapt approach to stakeholder groups and different levels of seniority across the organization as well as ability to present complex problems in a simple way to drive quick and effective decision making
- Establish project governance and control processes throughout the project delivery
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required:
- Significant experience in project management of large complex projects at a financial institution
- Good knowledge of Prime Finance business and technology (Equities Financing, Cash and Synthetic Prime Brokerage including Portfolio Swaps and Total Return Swaps and Quant Prime Brokerage)
- Solid understanding of the front to back trade lifecycle, supporting technology and processes (trade workflow, position and risk management, middle office, finance, corporate actions, regulatory reporting).
- Experience working with technology teams to deliver complex solutions across multiple business areas, functions and locations
- In-house technology and 3rd party vendor platforms/vendor management specifically swaps trading/management platforms and front to back integration
- Exposure to structured project management techniques and software development lifecycle
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness of delivery; Risk, Issues, Dependencies and Assumptions management
- Excellent communication skills with ability to adapt approach to different levels of seniority
- Business analysis including current state/target state analysis, functional and non-functional requirements specification and traceability
- Test strategy, planning and execution
- Technology strategy, architecture and design, working with development teams to ensure solution design meets requirements and is in-line with wider technology strategy
- Working knowledge of market structure and regulatory landscape
- Exposure to financial markets infrastructure, data and processes
- Exposure to various DevOp tools (e.g. JIRA, confluence) to manage project deliverables