Pricing and Contribution Analytics Front Office Developer M/F - VIE London
Environment Your environment
At Societe Generale, you will be joining the Information Technology division of Global Banking & Investors Solutions (GBIS), one of the three pillars of SG that brings together Corporate and Investment Banking activities, Private Banking activities, Asset Management and Investor Services.Every day our teams are ensuring that we deliver the service our businesses need to compete and serve Societe Generale's clients. Our objective is to deliver great production services in a well controlled and cost effective way, and to deliver competitive application systems that allow GBIS to grow its business in existing and new markets, launch new products and take advantage of new opportunities when they arise. Description of the Business Line or Department
The successful candidate will be working within a team of five Front Office Rapid Application Developers, dedicated to real-time market pricing and contribution tools for the Rates Flow Trading desks Mission Your role
Summary of the key purposes of the role
Summary of responsibilities
- The candidate will be sitting in proximity to the trading desk
- Maintain a direct contact with the market place users on the Rates Flow Trading desks (mainly traders) in order to understand and cater for their needs
- Design/Develop/Revamp/Support the pricing and contribution tools
- Take responsibility for performing business analysis of trading requirements on pricing and contribution metrics
- Take part in developments on pricing applications / tools in, C#, WPF, VBA/Excel
- Participate to the on-going pricing engine refactoring
- Improve our continuous delivery tools for delivering our pricing software
- Improve existing processes in order to reduce support time
Profile Your profile Solid academic background, engineering curriculum
- Check processes and communicate with users to advise them when problems are raised and resolved
- Answers to user questions on team applications
- Interact with the Support and Development teams when problems need their intervention
- Maintain pricing tools, optimize monitoring
Ideal past experience
- Masterâ€™s degree in computing science, engineering, applied science (physics, mathematicsâ€¦)
- If the candidate has a general engineering background, he/she must provide strong evidence that he/she is highly interested in programming (for instance with dev projects, or computing science courses)
- If the candidate has a mixed IT + Applied Mathematics background, he/she must be fully aware that this is not a quantitative analyst VIE position per se, and must feel comfortable with this.
- Knowledge of Financial products would be a plus.
- An apprentice, internship in either IT or banking demonstrating strong interest for this type of position
- Analytical skills and ability to summarize key messages
- Be able to analyse, perform reverse engineering on application
- Important to start on a new project or to support application
- Synthesis spirit very important to point out what is really essential
- Oral and written communication
- Many interactions with traders and other IT teams
- Need to be clear in his communication.
- Abilities to handle several tasks at the same time. Being able to prioritize items to handle according to their cost/importance.
- Abilities to work in a stressful environment
- Traders might put pressure on delivery date, or issue resolution
- Financial markets
- Develop applications for Rates activity, will be in contact with major front office
- Some client applications are Excel based, and programming Excel/VBA is an integral part of the job
- Need to have good knowledge on how Excel works, especially on real time aspects
- Object Oriented programming
- Concepts of Object-oriented programming is required
- Development experience through either C#, Java or C++ is a huge plus
The VIE assignment in a nutshell
- English - Fluent - Position is in London, will have to interact in English by default
- Other languages - French - Would be a great plus in the role as the trading desk + a number of colleagues speak it.
This VIE in London is to begin as soon as possible but you need to plan 3 months between your application date and the beginning of your VIE assignment. It will last 18 months .
The VIE is a specific contract, under Business Franceâ€™s eligibility criteria, opened to candidates under 28 and from the member states of the European Economic Space. For further information, please see www.civiweb.com . Evolution
To facilitate the examination of your application by our English-speaking managers, we thank you for
applying in English.