Pricing/Structuring Analyst - Energy Trading
- £excellent + bonus + package
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Connect Resourcing
- 16 Feb 18 2018-02-16
Innovative London based Energy Trading business is now seeking a high calibre Pricing Analyst to join their commercial team. You should have experience in an energy trading business coupled with excellent analytical and modelling skills.
The Pricing Analyst, is responsible for the development of new pricing methodologies related to the expected consumption, or generation, volume optionality of the energy portfolio. Primarily focused on the pricing methodology of volume risk in wholesale energy and renewables contract positions caused by the changes in forecast consumption from contract agreement to delivery.
A key part of the flexibility of the role of Pricing Analyst is developing ad-hoc and enduring pricing methodologies reflecting the non-standard and new products requested by the wider commercial functions, where appropriate within the company.
The most complicated part of the role is understanding the drivers of volume risk and the creation of new methodologies which will help the company stay competitive.
• Good communication skills; an ability to communicate complex concepts to a range of stakeholders
• Excellent Numerical and Analysis Skills
• Experience in an energy commodity pricing environment (e.g. a quantitative analytical role, volume risk optimisation role)
• Strong technical skills; knowledge and experience of working with technologies such as Python, VBA
• An understanding of the principles and concepts of the UK electricity market, infrastructure, asset dynamics, consumer behaviours and key players is desirable
• Experience of valuation of power and gas portfolios, pricing theory and hedging methodologies
This role could suit a bright MSc or PhD graduate with 1 to 3 years working experience or someone with 3 to 5 years working experience.