Pre-Sales Engineering Associate Director
As Pre-Sales specialist, you will have responsibility for software pre-sales support of European prospects and clients. The role also includes development and support for the European sales team including the growth of IHS Markit Corporate Action solutions. The role includes support for all solutions under the IHS Markit Corporate Action umbrella including both MCA data managed service and Information Mosaic enterprise software solutions. The role will also look at building relationships with existing client, helping create new opportunities and business growth.
Along with Pre-sales responsibilities for our enterprise securities processing and corporate actions solutions within Europe. You will work in conjunction with Sales teams focused on winning global projects. The role will entail Functional & Business Pre-Sales Consultancy, Solution Demos, Workshop Execution, RFX Coordination, POC Execution, System Integration, Data Analytics, and Customer Support.
- You will have responsibility for overall pre-sales support of European new business including RFP responses, client / prospect queries, proposal preparation, product demonstrations.
- Travel to client sites to continue to strengthen the overall client relationship and support pre-sales initiatives.
- Working with the European Sales team, you will help to develop new business opportunities in amongst the "target market segment" for the Post Trade Securities Services and Corporate Actions division, communicating opportunities and challenges to management as well as providing local feedback to inform the product roadmap.
- Candidate will work closely with both Product Management and the European Business Development teams, as well as have strong support from leaders of all functional areas to achieve the regional goals.
- Candidate will work with Product Management to help tailor product and technology offerings to better meet the needs of the target market segment.
- Candidate will work with Product Management on high level solutions design, business case development and pricing for solutions aimed at the Target Market Segment.
- Candidate will identify and prioritize target customer groups and regional areas of focus based on market opportunity within the target market segment.
- Candidate will work with the global and regional management in the formation of strategic alliance partnerships with other financial services technology vendors in region where it is deemed mutually advantageous for business growth.
- Candidate will build on develop and maintain relationships with senior level client stakeholders and work closely with them to understand their businesses and how our solutions can help them to be more successful.
Education and experience
- Bachelor's degree minimum. Graduate degree in finance strongly preferred.
- Candidates will have 10+ years of experience in a product consulting or preferably in a pre-sales role in a software sales environment with a proven track record of success
- Commercial awareness
- Extensive experience in financial markets with a strong focus on operations and corporate actions
- Experience with revenue generation
- Have the credibility and capability to work at the highest level within an organization to develop new business and relationships
- Experience working with financial services clients
- Experience working internally with multiple teams
- Must be a proven leader
- Successful pre-sales experience with a proven track record of presenting complex solutions and displaying tangible and non-tangible business value in competitive environment
- Must be organized and with the ability to manage multiple clients in parallel whilst maintaining excellent attention to detail
- Ability to set and meet external deadlines
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing situations
- Willing to travel to global locations
- Excellent communication skills - listening, writing, speaking, are major pre-requisite
- Ability to communicate effectively across teams and partners
- Ability to learn quickly and demonstrate initiative
- Ability to build internal relationships as well as external ones. Team player and willing to progress in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to influence and partner across all cross-functional teams including but not limited to: Sales, Product, Marketing, and Operations
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.