Practice Manager - Telco Professional Services
Do you have IT consulting leadership experience deploying network, enterprise applications, media and digital transformations within the telecommunications industry? Have you built and led successful, IT consulting practices covering telecommunications customers? Do you have broad technical skills and experience to deliver AWS technologies and infrastructure solutions? Can you lead world class teams that drive breakthrough mission outcomes by delivering new solutions and capabilities to our telecommunications customers?
AWS Professional Services is seeking a consulting Practice Manager who has experience working with Telco customers and can lead a team of specialists across a range of disciplines. As a Practice Manager, you will be responsible for building and managing a team of professional services consultants working with customers and partners to architect and implement innovative solutions. You will routinely engage with Director, C-level executives, and governing boards. You will be responsible for opportunity capture and driving engagement delivery. You will work closely with partner teams; drive business development initiatives through thought leadership; provide portfolio guidance and oversight; and meet and exceed customer satisfaction targets.
The ideal candidate will bring a diverse IT and/or Management Consulting background and knowledge of industry IT trends within the Telecommunications space, leveraging this credibility as a strategic advisor to our customers, partners and internally across AWS.
The ideal candidate will be able to craft an innovative, forward-looking strategy while clearly outlining the investment and multi-step go-to-market plan necessary to help AWS customers lead the changes to IT strategy, policies, processes, people, governance and partnerships.
ROLES & RESPONSBILITIES:
• Engage customers - collaborate with sales leaders and engineering teams to develop strong customer and partner relationships and build a growing business in a geographic territory, driving AWS adoption in key markets and accounts.
• Build and lead great teams - attract top IT architecture talent to build high performing teams of consultants with superior technical depth, and outstanding customer relationship skills and a career focus on the cloud infrastructure capabilities of AWS (technical and process). Assemble and develop the very best in the world.
• Develop partnerships - develop industry solution maps for the telecommunications specialty and engage the leading solution and system integration service providers
• Coach and teach - collaborate with AWS field sales, pre-sales, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use AWS services such as Amazon Databases , Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM), RDS/Aurora/DynamoDB/Redshift, etc.
• Deliver value - lead high quality delivery of a variety of customized engagements with partners and customers in the Telco sector.
• Be a customer advocate - Work with AWS engineering service teams to convey deep technical requirements from partners and customers as input to AWS technology roadmaps.
• Build organization assets - Lead your AWS team in the build and rollout of packaged offers designed to optimize customer impact, leveraging field experiences and outcomes.
Our Practice Managers work with Telco customers locally, regionally and internationally. As such, you must have the ability to travel to client locations to sell and deliver professional services as needed. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
• Highly technical and analytical, possessing 15+ years of progressive technology implementation experience in Telecommunications and IT
• Consulting practice management; leading a team of consultants; Delivery oversight, P&L responsibility, and developing critical competence build up with related goals/KPI's
• Outstanding customer relationship management, sales, delivery experience and collaboration skills
• Lead cross functional project teams on high profile presales and delivery engagements PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Deep understanding of infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) cloud computing transition challenges and solutions
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
• Outstanding customer relationship management experience and collaboration skills in consulting team leader role
• Demonstrated experience developing statement of work, writing and closing contracts
• Enterprise architecture successes including virtualization technologies & distributed architecture
• Familiarity with archive, disaster recovery and business continuity in global operations
• Familiarity with compliance & security standards across the enterprise IT landscape
• Visible IT Industry thought leadership on relevant topics related to enterprise IT infrastructure
• Experience with design of modern, scalable delivery models for technology consulting services
• Business development experience including complex agreements w/ integrators
• International sales and delivery experience with global telecommunications customers and partners
• Use of AWS services in distributed environments with Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc.