See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture. Department Profile
One of the largest divisions in the Firm, Operations is the first line of defence for Morgan Stanley's financial and reputational well-being and essential in delivering value to our clients. Operations is responsible for correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating operational risk, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and Automation. Operations has a world-class team of innovative and dedicated professionals, with a unique vantage point in the Firm interacting with all parts of the business, front to back. The Operations Senior Management team are passionate about our people development and providing best in class employee opportunities through an inclusive, forward-looking environment defined by open communication, collaboration, learning, and proactive career management. Team Profile
Morgan Stanley Investment Management offers investment management services to global investors, investing in equity, fixed-income, liquidity and fund of fund products on a worldwide basis. The Portfolio Services team is responsible for providing support across MSIM?s product and vehicle range, with a focus on those accounts managed from London. The team is the primary operations point of contact for the investment teams and covers a variety of functions ranging from client reporting to cash management to client services.
Several core operations functions are outsourced to State Street Investment Manager Solutions (IMS). The team works closely with State Street IMS to ensure all deliverables are being met.
Morgan Stanley's Investment Management?s product range is continually evolving into new product and strategy areas, demanding ever changing infrastructure and solutions. The individual will be required to contribute to these discussions to ensure that the appropriate support models are in place. Primary Responsibilities
- Oversight of the reporting team in India and ensuring our oversight obligations are met from an audit perspective. Generally being a point of contact for the reporting team
- Co-ordination/completion of various reporting related tasks including client audit requests, client questionnaires, and various other reports for external/internal stakeholders.
- Participate in any reporting related projects
- Work closely with the transitions team on new client onboarding and other events, coordinating all portfolio services aspects
- Provide day-to-day support to both clients and internal stakeholders by taking ownership of queries and working with various teams to resolve eg. investment teams, CRMs, legal, compliance, FCG
- Prepare and verify trade instructions including deposits, fx and mutual fund transactions
- Using strong business sense and judgment to identify potential risk areas; making appropriate recommendations and highlighting those risks via the appropriate escalation channels
- Ensuring all procedural documentation is up to date and accurate.
- Working proactively with counterparts on a global basis, in making recommendations for process improvement and consistency. Qualifications: Skills Required
- Detailed product and instrument knowledge
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong business sense and excellent judgment
- Knowledge of the custody environment
- Strong communicator
- Strong risk awareness
- Has proven ability to interact with multiple internal and external functions, including clients and portfolio managers
- Comfortable dealing with senior individuals and management across these functions
- Candidates for this position will have some experience in a comparable role within the financial industry, in particular in the area of client reporting.
- The individual must have excellent attention to detail and be a self-starter who is able to maintain a high standard of accuracy while managing various deadlines, a creative and dynamic individual that can work independently or as part of a team working to exceed expectations.
- Strong communication and time management skills are required together with a proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- A degree or equivalent, whilst not required, is desirable.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.