Portfolio Services, Regulatory Reporting - AVP
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 25 Apr 19
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley Investment Management is a leader in the global investment management business and its Operations Group serves the Firm?s portfolio managers and associated teams by providing high quality support through excellence in processing, reporting, and management of strategic initiatives. The Portfolio Services team is responsible for providing support across MSIM?s product and vehicle range, with a focus on those accounts managed from London. The team is the primary operations point of contact for the investment teams and covers a variety of functions ranging from regulatory reporting to cash management to client services.
The candidate will join the Portfolio Services team to support the regulatory reporting function, as Subject Matter Expert for MiFID II Post Trade Transparency Reporting, Transaction Reporting and EMIR Transaction Reporting. As the Subject Matter Expert the candidate will be expected to have a sound, knowledge of the regulations and the products they support. They will be responsible for reviewing changes to the regulations, attending regulatory forums, liaising with industry peers and collaborating with internal stakeholders to ensure reporting is kept up to date and accurate. The candidate will also work closely with the BAU team, taking responsibility for overseeing issue resolution and procedural review.
As a relatively newly formed team, the candidate will have the opportunity to assist with the on-boarding of existing and new regulatory requirements, helping to design and build solutions. The role requires extensive collaboration with colleagues and third parties to ensure compliance and reaction to regulatory change. The candidate will therefore need to demonstrate excellent communication and organizational skills, leadership, a keen eye for detail and the ability to self-motivate and challenge the perceived norm.
- Assess ESMA Q&As and regulatory changes
- Conduct monthly cyclical testing and deep dive reviews
- Design & implement solutions and oversee UAT
- Conduct periodic review of regulatory reporting processes and procedures
- Monthly reconciliation of transaction reporting against the Vendor and NCA
- Production of monthly KRI statistics and compliance open items.
- Work proactively with counterparts across the bank, to ensure consistency, share knowledge and make recommendations for process improvement.
- Actively partake in industry forums, working groups and vendor meetings to share ideas and continue to evolve our regulatory solutions.
- Partner with Risk, LCD and internal working groups to review and on-board new regulatory requirements.
- Partner with internal business units and external third parties to design and implement day 2 enhancements.
- Using strong business sense and judgement, identify potential risk areas making appropriate recommendations and highlighting risk via the appropriate escalation channels.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders and the BAU team to identify and resolve issues.
- Proven investment management operations experience
- Strong product and instrument knowledge, ideally to include more than one derivative asset class e.g. OTC Swaps (Rates, Credit or Equity), ETD (Futures, Listed Options) and FFX)
- Experience of MiFID II, EMIR Transaction Reporting and/or ASIC Trade Reporting
- Understanding of Regulatory Technical Standards (RTS) preferable
- Functional oversight or team leadership experience
- Proven record of collaborating with colleagues across geographic and functional boundaries
- Comfortable dealing with senior individuals and management across these functions
- Strong risk awareness
- Strong business sense and excellent judgement.
- Demonstrated success working in a high intensity environment and an ability to close out issues promptly
- Highly organized, detail orientated with a demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Ability to analyse and break down complex requirements
- Ability to work with and navigate large volumes of data
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills and diplomacy and accuracy in dealing with internal stakeholders and industry peers.
- Ability to work independently and challenge conventional wisdom.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.