Our client is an investment manager based in London looking to hire a Portfolio Manager into their private markets team. Previous experience in managing a portfolio of private equity/venture capital fund primary investments is required.
The role will focus on the creation of investment decisions for the private equity team, monitoring both existing and new investments, and working closely with internal and external parties.
- Responsible for driving investment recommendations in private equity/venture capital, as well as managing portfolio construction, ensuring risk limits and mandate guidelines are met
- Custody for manager resaerch on external managers for private equity/venture capital investments
- Manage, drive, and lead the selection of new investments and monitor existing investments according to the company’s policies, including responsible investing
- Drive the production of quantitative analysis and qualitative due diligence for both new and existing investments
- Communicate with third party managers to agree on investment and commercial terms
- Communicate with other asset class specialists and internal teams such as legal, responsible investment, risk and ODD
- Present to the internal investment team, as well as presenting to clients when needed
- Manage team resources and support the development of junior team members
- Experience in portfolio management in private equity/venture capital within an institutional setting
- Experience with manager research for private equity/venture capital and identifying and monitoring third party private equity/venture capital managers
- Experience underwriting private equity funds/venture capital for investment
- Experience managing a portfolio of private equity/venture capital funds
- Other experience across private markets (private debt/credit, infrastructure) as encouraged