Portfolio Manager, Index Asset Allocation Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 12 Feb 18 2018-02-12
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website at www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
Business Unit Overview:
BlackRock’s ETF and Index Investments (EII) team manages more than $2.2 trillion in global passive equity assets across Developed Markets, Emerging Markets, Commodities and REITs. The group offers passive equity investors one of the industry's broadest arrays of investment choices. Our clients include corporate pension plans, public pension plans, central banks, sovereign wealth funds and other institutional investors.
The candidate will become a member of EII’s Index Asset Allocation team, which is a dynamic, large scale and high-volume portfolio implementation team. The team is responsible for the management of portfolios that are invested predominantly in BlackRock passive funds and ETFs. A significant amount of currency hedging is also undertaken. The portfolios are managed on behalf of defined benefit and defined contribution pension schemes and retail investors.
The main function of the team is to ensure portfolios are implemented and managed in accordance with client or fund guidelines. The team also sometimes plays a role in helping to devise the optimal structure of some mandates and this can include selecting the optimal fund vehicle and calculating target allocations.
- Perform daily portfolio management tasks, including investing client cashflows and portfolio re-balancing
- Ongoing management of BlackRock and client Target Date Fund solutions
- Handle the substantial volume of client-direct portfolio changes, liaising with various internal stakeholders
- Ensure that portfolios track within performance expectations and attribute fund performance relative to the benchmark where they do not
- Collate and compile a variety of management information reports
- Use market experience and knowledge to contribute to system and process development
- Provide analytical and qualitative support to portfolio design and new product development
- Support for management and client-facing groups by responding to ad-hoc requests
- Financial market awareness
- Ability to handle and prioritise multiple tasks while producing high quality work in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Ability to think logically and positive attitude to learn
- Well organized, disciplined approach to work with a high level of attention to detail
- Excellent time management, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team
- Highly computer literate, with advanced spreadsheet-based skills, and programming knowledge a benefit
- IMC will be required if not already held
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.