My client is looking to hire an investment grade credit portfolio manager to focus on their large Liquid Credit Portfolio
- Support the Head of Liquid Credit in portfolio management of the liquid credit book i.e. defining, recommending and implementing investment decisions focused on risk management and Solvency II optimisation of assets.
- Support the Head of Liquid Credit in the delivery of SAA driven management actions through close cooperation with Bank and Asset Management partners (e.g. BBB Rotation, Hedged Credit Deployment, etc.).
- Lead the development of in-house bottom-up and top-down credit research capabilities, leveraging relationships with Asset Management partners and covering multiple asset classes and markets with focus on non-financial sectors.
- Deliver Liquid Credit back-book optimisation, i.e. ongoing generation of surplus-positive investment ideas and support active credit risk management across all Shareholder Fund portfolios.
- Develop the credit strategy and positioning of the portfolio in line with SAA and coordinate communication of credit views and analysis to internal / external stakeholders across all Shareholder Fund portfolios.
- Contribute to the delivery of a robust, accurate and efficient pricing capability to (i) assess back-book optimisation opportunities and (ii) set the bar for Illiquid Assets origination.
- Manage relationships with Banks (Syndicates, DCM, sales and trading) and Asset Management partners.
- Work closely with the Illiquid Assets Team to ensure support in origination, deployment, valuation discussions and overall portfolio management (Liquid and Illiquid) in order to extract synergies of teams’ cooperation in making investment decisions and while managing risk and market volatility.
- Minimum 8 years experience in a Credit PM role
- Very strong experience-based knowledge of asset classes which includes (but is not limited to): Investment Grade corporate bonds, government debt, structured credit, private placements, quasi-sovereign, illiquid assets and derivatives. · Strong analytical skills across non-financials sectors, excellent valuation skills, risk management and portfolio management experience.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office, very good PowerPoint skills and very good knowledge of Bloomberg.
- Relevant experience in the investment management industry.
- Proven competence in contributing to managing a fixed-income investment portfolio acquired e.g. working as a portfolio manager / senior investment analyst in an asset management firm or investment bank.
- Experience preferably in a long-only / long-biased benchmarked portfolio with understanding of total return mandates.
- Proven ability in and enthusiasm for working and communicating effectively with various internal and external stakeholders.