- Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- One Ten Associates
- 18 Mar 19
A unique opportunity to join a fantastic mid-market Private Equity business in their Portfolio Management team. The firm is a leading independent UK focused mid-market private equity house with over £3bn AUM. The portfolio has grown rapidly and now comprises 40 businesses with a combined turnover of more than £2bn.
The firm provides significant support to management teams in developing and delivering their growth plans and has an active programme to measure performance on an ongoing basis. With an exceptional track record of returns for its investors and the portfolio expected to grow further the firm is looking for a talented individual to join the London team.
The portfolio team is responsible for the constant and regular reporting of financial and operational performance of the investee companies. By monitoring trend data and using both historic and forward looking key performance indicators for each portfolio company, we aim to ensure that early warning signs of potential slow-down in growth or underperformance are captured and action is taken. Further, common issues across the portfolio can be anticipated and pro-active initiatives set in play to either protect or enhance value.
• Producing a monthly reporting pack, summarising performance of the companies, reporting trends and assessing the overall health of the portfolio. This pack is used to review performance with the whole deal team
• Liaising with portfolio company finance teams and deal executives on a monthly basis to collect monthly financial and KPI data
• Liaising with new investee company finance teams to brief them on the firm’s reporting framework requirements and ensuring a seamless transition into the portfolio
• Ensuring the data that is submitted is accurate and is consistent with management accounts, board packs and other documents provided by management teams
• Maintaining and managing the portfolio monitoring system (iLevel) which is the software platform used to automate the production of monthly reports and analyses
• Ensuring standard deal related data is accurate and up to date. Such data would include capital structures, loan note interest accrued and shareholder registers
• Providing financial analysis and support to ad hoc value enhancement projects
• Reviewing and analysing the content of the quarterly portfolio reports of each investee company, prepared by the deal team
• Reviewing and analysing the content of investee companies’ following-year budgets and any amendments to investment plans
• Assisting in fundraising data collation and validation
• Preparing quarterly investment valuations as part of fund reporting
• Monitoring debt levels, loan notes and accrued interest calculations
• Assisting the marketing team to prepare investor reports and presentations
• Assist in the creation and maintenance of fund models
Skills and Experience
We would like the candidate to be able to demonstrate:
• Excellence in analysis of financial data. An analytical mind is very important;
• Strong stakeholder management and inter-personal skills as they will deal with our investment team and managing partners, as well as portfolio CFOs and FCs;
• Creative and commercial thinking;
• Strong MS Excel and MS PowerPoint skills; financial modelling an advantage but not essential;
• An ability to manage to monthly and quarterly deadlines;
• A strong academic background.
The successful candidate will be Big 4 or equivalent trained with an ACA or CIMA accounting qualification. Demonstrable experience in providing Transaction Services due diligence and/or Corporate Finance support is also required. Experience in a portfolio reporting team for a P/E house or fund manager preferred but not essential.
We are looking for a character who is methodical and precise in their record keeping and data management; they are a motivated, determined and driven individual who is able to move seamlessly between investment, finance and portfolio teams to ensure an accurate assessment of the health of the portfolio is maintained at all times.