A genuinely exciting opportunity to join an early-stage investment firm with interests across a range of innovative and cutting edge tech-based investments. We are seeking to identify a commercial finance manager to join the business and oversee the portfolio monitoring, valuations, reporting and analytics for their existing portfolio whilst also working with the CFO on corporate strategy.
An established VC/early stage business with significant interests in the Tech sector seek to appoint a Portfolio Finance Manager to their growing business. This role will be a key hire in overseeing a number of their exisitng portfolio whilst also being responsible for future businesses. The role will include providing finance support to the investment team including modelling forthcoming investment transactions, valuations, tracking portfolio performance and finance responsibility for portfolio forecasting including portfolio investment, realisations and fair value movements. This person will also be working on matters pertaining to corporate strategy alongside the CFO.
- As the key interface between the UK deal team and the finance team, strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
- The core transaction support and valuation responsibilities require a combination of attention to detail and rigorous analysis combined with strong commercial acumen and the ability to identify and clearly articulate key issues across the portfolio.
- To be successful in the role, a candidate must be self-motivated and able to take the initiative in shaping and delivering projects.
- Business partner to the UK deal team, including;
- Support for forthcoming funding transactions including modelling the impact of different capital structures and preference rights
- Responsibility for both regular and ad-hoc valuations; working with the investment team and external valuation specialists (where relevant) to agree and document portfolio company valuations, and liaise with external auditors
- Collection of portfolio data including financial information and ESG data
- Providing management information and analysis for the investment team
- Ad hoc insight and analysis including exit opportunities, fund opportunities etc.
- Production of quarterly capital and fair value forecasts, including the capital requirements of the portfolio, portfolio realisation opportunities and expected fair value movements in conjunction with the finance team.
- Create and maintain market update including analysis of the company's competitors and KPI reporting across the commercialisation/VC sector.
- Supporting the CFO with ongoing corporate strategy initiatives.
Our client is eager to speak with candidates with the following background:
- Top degree (2:1 minimum) from a leading academic institution (ideally Engineering or Science based)
- ACA qualified (with first-time passes)
- Recent venture capital or corporate finance experience
- Experience with valuation or financial modelling
- Experience using a portfolio management system such as Dynamo or eFront desirable