About the opportunity Department Description
Fidelity Systematic Investing (FSI) brings together our systematic capabilities across Quant, Equity, Fixed Income and Multi-Asset to deliver solutions to clients. Building a common infrastructure and operating platform to respond to the changing industry landscape and evolving client needs while leveraging Fidelity's research platform. Specifically, the team delivers:
Purpose of the Role
- Access to the full Fidelity alpha generation platform: our portfolios reflect the views from our fundamental research, quantitative research and trading teams.
- A systematic portfolio construction process built on robust quantitative tools, ensuring a precise, risk controlled and cost aware positioning.
- A high degree of flexibility in portfolio construction. Due to the systematic nature of our process we can design with the right balance of alpha and customization to client requirements.
- Work closely with Portfolio Managers (PMs) in the Systematic Equity team to manage the day to day running of client portfolios
- Make recommendations to PMs around cash flows, corporate actions, operational and trading matters. Work closely with the Portfolio Services Group to ensure effective and timely execution.
- Support the modelling of client portfolios and work closely with Investment Directors to ensure client reporting requests are managed in a timely fashion
- Constantly evaluate the efficacy and accuracy of the team's quantitative portfolio management tools, think creatively to make recommendations for improvements
- Work closely with the technology team to ensure data issues are rapidly addressed and lessons learnt are fed into the platform development projects
- Work closely with operational teams to systematise processes where possible
- Establish strong links with Fixed Income and Multi Asset portfolio engineers to ensure we work towards a truly cross asset portfolio management capability
About you About Fidelity International
- Significant experience with equity data and quantitative data analysis
- Ability to fully understand and eventually manipulate sophisticated quantitative equity portfolio construction processes
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to think independently and creatively to identify problems and solve them
- Programming and database experience would be an advantage, but is not essential
- Excellent ability to communicate technical issues both in writing and verbally
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Collaborative working style and proven ability to bring together people from a range of teams to get things done
Fidelity International offers investment solutions and services and retirement expertise to more than 2.5 million customers globally. As a privately-held, purpose-driven company with a 50-year heritage, we think generationally and invest for the long term. Operating in more than 25 locations and with $611.4 billion in total assets, our clients range from central banks, sovereign wealth funds, large corporates, financial institutions, insurers and wealth managers, to private individuals.
Our Workplace & Personal Financial Health business provides individuals, advisers and employers with access to world-class investment choices, third-party solutions, administration services and pension guidance. Together with our Investment Solutions & Services business, we invest $471 billion on behalf of our clients. By combining our asset management expertise with our solutions for workplace and personal investing, we work together to build better financial futures.
Our clients come from all walks of life and so do we. We are proud of our inclusive culture and encourage applications from the widest mix of talent, whatever your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, social background and more.
As a flexible employer, we trust our people to perform their role in the way that works best for them, our clients and our business. We are a disability-friendly company and would welcome a conversation with you if you feel you might benefit from any reasonable adjustments to perform to the best of your ability during the recruitment process and beyond. Data as at 30 September 2020. Read more at https://www.fidelityinternational.com/
Applying to this Job Role: Please note you are only required to upload your CV/Resume to the application screen.