Portfolio Associate - Credit
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
We are looking to add a Portfolio Analyst / Associate to our Credit, Trade Support team based in either Dublin or London. The Analyst / Associate will support a senior Credit Portfolio Manager in the European trade room. The candidate will build solid internal relationships and partnerships with Portfolio Management and Account Management in the firm's Global Offices. The role frequently interacts with Account Management, Product Management, Legal & Compliance and Operations. Responsibilities:
Support Portfolio Managers on PIMCO's Global Desk in the capacity of an expert on all Credit related matters. In partnership with the front-office your responsibilities with include but not be limited to;
- Portfolio construction and maintenance; conducting portfolio summaries and monitoring, performance and attribution analysis in addition to other requested analytics including creation of reports for risk monitoring. Re-balancing of portfolios to model / target weights
- Trade allocations and compliance; with a focus on trade sizing and monitoring of client portfolios' position weights and product versus client guidelines
- Trade processing; trade order management generating trade execution studies across a set of mandates or products in accordance with investment guidelines and reviewing benchmarks and ensuring pre- and post-trade compliance
- Partner with Technology to keep processes accurate and up-to-date, mitigate risk, and enhance applications as needed.
- Degree in finance, economics, mathematics or other related quantitative / analytical field from a leading university or equivalent experience
- Strong technical skills in Credit
- Prior experience in Credit trade support or operations role / capacity preferred
- Advanced abilities in Excel, Bloomberg and Python skills would be highly beneficial
- Proven ability to operate efficiently and accurately in a fast-paced environment, with outstanding analytical skills to solve problems in a timely basis
- Ability to interact and communicate flawlessly with experienced Portfolio Managers to articulate ideas and strategies clearly, both verbally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills and track record of building strong relationships with Portfolio Managers
- Ability to work collaboratively across the organization to resolve issues
- Proven ability to operate efficiently in a high pressure environment and to deliver towards tight deadlines.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office