- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- PIMCO Europe Ltd
- 19 May 19
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.76 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,600 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities.
We are looking to add a Portfolio Associate to our London based team. The Portfolio Associate is based on the Trade Floor and supports the European Rates Desk and Generalist Team. The Portfolio Associate must build solid internal relationships and partnerships with Portfolio Management , Account Management and Compliance teams in the firm's Global Offices. The role frequently interacts with Account Management, Product Management, Legal and Compliance and Operations.
Essential Job Functions
The Portfolio Associate will work closely with the Portfolio Managers.
- Generating trades for flow hedging, cash management and restructurings
- Generating trade execution studies across a set of mandates or products in accordance with investment guidelines and benchmarks
- Portfolio summaries
- Portfolio monitoring
- Performance and attribution analysis in addition to other requested analytics
- Building of new reports for risk monitoring
- Monitoring client portfolio positioning versus client guidelines and internal risk limitations
- Re-balancing of portfolios to model/target weights
- Ensuring pre- and post-trade compliance for client mandates
- Working with traders to roll the firmwide EUREX Futures book and Interest Rate Swap book
- Advanced abilities with Excel and Bloomberg essential. Ability to program in one or more language(s) would be of advantage.
- Proficient in VBA , SQ L , Python
- Able to write VBA macros
- Able to write queries with multiple levels
- Strong technical skills in Fixed Income
- Ability to interact and communicate flawlessly with experienced Portfolio Managers to articulate ideas and strategies clearly, both verbally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to build strong relationships with Portfolio Managers and across departments
- Ability to work collaboratively across the organization to resolve issues
- Outstanding analytical skills with strong problem solving skills
- Proven ability to operate efficiently in a high pressure environment and to deliver towards tight deadlines
- Degree in finance, economics, mathematics or other related quantitative/analytical field from a leading, accredited college or university or equivalent experience.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office