Our client is a global asset manager (£100bn - £200bn AUM) looking for a Portfolio Analyst to join their emerging markets team.
You will work under the supervision of Portfolio Managers and a dedicated analytics team to optimise processes and support the growth of the team’s emerging markets portfolio. The role is highly analytical and will require the holder to have a strong background in statistical programming and data analysis. Strong communication skills are essential for this role as you will be required to liaise with technical and non-technical stakeholders in adjacent teams. Emerging Markets, Fixed Income, Corporate Debt, R, SQL, Python, Analyst.
- Support the optimisation and maintenance of portfolios while adhering to the risk factors set out for the team
- Analyse the risks associated with the performance of the portfolios and communicate this to analysts within the risk departments
- Carry out analysis of potential trade ideas and compare potential and existing strategies
- Work across teams to ensure the portfolio matches initial models and monitor any deviations from the the model
- Support the product teams to ensure that accurate reporting is carried out on the performance of portfolios
- Develop optimisation tools using programming languages (e.g Python, R, VBA)
- Highlight areas for improvement within the portfolios
- An excellent academic record with an undergraduate degree in STEM, Finance, Economics or similar
- Advanced MS Excel skills, knowledge of VBA is desirable
- Programming experience in Python is preferable
- Experience of the fixed income market, with a strong understanding of bond pricing is desirable
- Knowledge of emerging markets is preferable
- Strong communication skills with experience of working in team environments
- Knowledge of financial databases is preferred