Portfolio Administration Manager, Fixed Income, AVP
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: competitive
- Job Type: Full time
We seek a high calibre individual with strong analytical capability and excellent people management skills to manage a team of Equity Portfolio Administrators.State Street
Basic Purpose of Job:
We seek a high calibre individual with strong analytical capability and excellent people management skills to manage a team of Equity Portfolio Administrators. The team provides outsourced investment operations service provision to one of the industry's largest institutional asset managers.
The functions of the role would include but not be limited to:
- Responsible for ensuring that the team provides accurate and timely operational investment support to clients on a daily basis. Extensive liaison with the business in order to facilitate operational client service delivery.
- Responsible for monitoring and oversight of daily processes and controls. Hands on approach and willingness to step in and ccomplete daily processes where coverage is required.
- Ensure the ongoing implementation of standard global operating processes and procedures.
- Support a culture of effective challenge to ensure efficiency of daily operational processes, recommend and implement identified appropriate changes and deliver continuous improvement.
- Assign daily responsibilities clearly to the team members, manage and motivate the team. Complete tasks assigned in a timely manner managing expectations where appropriate.
- Maintain effective working relationships and communications with the team members and ensure they are developed and supported. This entails associated people management activities including goal setting, conducting performance reviews, talent development and recruitment.
- Maintain the highest standards of conduct and integrity within the business and ensure compliance with industry practice, company policies, statute and regulatory requirements in all matters.
- Manage operational risk within your team, regularly review and identify further opportunities for risk mitigation. Ensure all functional procedures are kept up to date.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders including other business lines and corporate functions.
- Attendance at internal and external meetings as required.
- Work on ad hoc projects including system transformation as required.
Education and Experience
- Robust experience within Investment Operations.
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) with a financial or analytical discipline preferred.
- Product Experience Desirable: Developed and Emerging Market Government Bonds, Convertibles and Corporates, FX spot and forwards, Exchange Traded Futures and Options, Repurchase Agreement. ETFs.
- Proactive and determined. Willing to assume responsibility and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities to meet internal and external deadlines.
- Experience of managing a team, and managing through change.
- Analytically minded with strong problem solving skills
- Experience and solid understanding of portfolio performance measurement
- Ability to build strong relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Exposure to Bloomberg, Barclays POINT and Bloomberg PORT an advantage.
- Strong MS Windows applications, specifically Excel.