Political Research / Intelligence - EDD Analyst
- Market rate
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- ICBC Standard Bank Plc
- 15 Sep 17
We are looking for an analytical, curious and articulate critical thinker to investigate, evaluate and interpret a broad array of risk and integrity issues facing the Bank. You will be required to have keen judgement, clear writing style and the ability to maintain a positive attitude under pressure. Thinking like an investigator, s/he will uncover, analyse and weigh up specific financial crime, reputational and corruption risks, presenting the findings to senior decision-makers with confidence and vim.
The role will require assessing potential financial crime risks facing new and existing clients and third parties.
You will be required to produce political, economic and sector-specific investigations and report.
The right candidate will be a proactive team player who can make sense of complex information and build solid relationships across the Bank, as well as being able to work independently to tight deadlines.
Experience in due diligence, political risk and knowledge of financial products is a plus, but cannot replace a willingness to learn new things, ask the right questions and think outside the box.
As an EDD Analyst you will be required to conduct enhanced due diligence (EDD) on clients and third parties identified as high risk for bribery and corruption.
This involves deadline-driven, targeted research in relevant jurisdictions to identify and critically assess financial crime, corruption and other allegations; work with databases, primary documents and other information sources to uncover ultimate beneficial ownership; make sense of complex corporate structures; understand and mitigate possible sanctions exposure; and examine patterns and suspicious activity that may indicate money laundering, tax evasion or terrorist financing.
• ACAMS, ICA or equivalent would be preferential
• Language skills (Russian, Mandarin, Cantonese, Arabic or Turkish) advantageous
• Excellent analytical, research and critical thinking skills, with an ability to make informed judgements
• Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
• Understanding of UK and international regulatory standards regarding financial crime (anti-money laundering, terrorist financing, bribery and corruption, sanctions and fraud) and integrity risks associated with the Bank’s key markets and customer base.
• Drafting and report writing skills