Join us as a Platform Engineer
What you'll do
- We're looking for someone comfortable writing code with an understanding of good development principles to design, build and improve our platforms in Mettle
- You'll be making sure that they are secure, scalable and available, collaborating across teams to share and re-utilise good practice and technology stack
- Hone your technical expertise and advance your career in this exciting, fast paced role
As a Platform Engineer, you'll make sure that our platforms are robust, value for money and continuously optimised. You'll be seen to make sure the technology stack is constantly enhanced by adding new features and ensuring defects are resolved in a timely manner. In addition, we'll also look to you to contribute to the code base and make sure that it is clean, elegant, reusable, and easy to maintain and extend.
The skills you'll need
- Proactively perform code and design peer reviews
- Make sure platforms and operational issues, defects, maintenance activities are prioritised appropriately and provide highly available and performing solutions
- Own, develop and improve platform engineering tools, processes and ways of working
- Pioneer new ideas to improve platform delivery lifecycles from design, code, automation to effective operational support
We're looking for someone with a strong customer focus and extensive hands on experience of AWS, design, build and deployment using CI and CD. You'll have a deep understanding of Kubernetes and experience building and managing your own cluster. Ideally, you'll have experience diagnosing platform issues in a Kubernetes production environment.
You should be able to take a leading role in solving complex problems, as well as providing technical coaching to engineers across the mission teams at Mettle.
You'll also need:
- Strong AWS and Terraform experience
- To be an advocate for containerisation and cloud native solutions
- Excellent knowledge of Go or another language
- A solid understanding of CI and CD principles
- A passion for designing and building scalable solutions that cater to a wide user base
- The ability to look at issues from multiple viewpoints and take a pragmatic approach to reach the best resolution