Join us as a Platform Engineer
What you'll do
- This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of Mettle, a new venture currently in its infancy that will be looking to address changing customer needs
- Working as part of a talented platform engineering team, you'll be developing cloud native infrastructure to run a bank in the most resilient way possible
- Hone your creative problem solving skills as you take on a challenging role and enjoy a collaborative and supportive culture
As a Platform Engineer, you'll be working with our product, design and operations teams to help build out our next generation banking platforms. Responsible for creating the low level platform and core banking services, you'll help power our web, and mobile user interfaces and clients through our REST APIs.
We know that building high performance, highly scalable, always available, fault tolerant systems is a team game and so we want to know that you work well with others. We strongly believe that you grow a system, rather than build it, so our architecture and infrastructure is designed to allow us to roll small bits of code to production really fast and often.
Day-to-day, you'll be:
The skills you'll need
- Working with multiple stakeholders, in both engineering and business capabilities, to understand implementation and process decisions and help improve them
- Making sure all code meets our coding standards, and taking part in PR's
- Working collaboratively with the team to resolve technical issues
To succeed in this role, you'll need experience of working in cloud based, continuous deployment type environments, along with good experience of using schedulers like Kubernetes, Mesos, Marathon and containers like Docker. You'll need experience in a highly distributed and highly scalable platform, and you'll be a team player who is used to working well in a collaborative team.
You'll also demonstrate:
How we'll reward you
- Terraform skills and experience
- AWS knowledge
- Linux admin skills
- Microservice awareness
- CI/CD focus and experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding problem-solving skills
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.