- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Physical Precious Metals Analyst
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Physical Precious Metals AnalystAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Arrangement of physical shipment of precious metals to fulfill trade obligations. Responsible for all documentation requirements and effective stock management to ensure prompt deliveries.
- Reporting of physical precious metal positions across a global vaulting infrastructure. Monitoring and proactive management of positions within insurance limits and escalation of breaches.
- Management of metal consignment and overdraft positions. Physical release of bars in line with client requirements within aggressive SLAs.
- Collaboration with market refineries on recasting and refining services, including discussion and resolution of issues resulted from assaying and melt losses.
- Request inspection and obtain approvals for operating in new vaulting facilities as per new business initiatives and directions.
- Support a high risk operational environment thought implementing effective controls specifically on metal release, metal quality management and sanctions screening.
- Provide highest class service to SCB clients through proactive and efficient task management and query resolution.
- Advise Front Office on available market liquidity on a forward projected basis
- Support client unallocated (non physical) metal settlements through both SCB and third party clearers.
- Support key physical controls related to precious metals including reconciliation of physical stocks, vault counts.
- Ensure sanctions restrictions are respected for physical shipments
Our Ideal Candidate
- A university level degree in a business of financial discipline would be preferable.
- Strong team working skills. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks effectively.
- Effective speaking and written communication skills
- Ability to priorities and work to tight timelines
- Strong Microsoft Office skills are preferable, particularly in Excel
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.