Permitted Products Senior Risk Manager - SVP
Description Job Description
- Primary Location: United Kingdom,England,London
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Risk Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18077745
Position Objective: Manage/coordinate both existing controls governing Permitted Products across Citi business globally, and projects/initiatives to strengthen and improve these controls to achieve best practice and regulatory compliance. The role involves providing direction to, and oversight of, Market Risk Managers in relation to Permitted Products as well as acting as a strategic partner with Front Office businesses and their other control functions (Legal, Compliance, Finance, Middle Office and Operations).
Reporting Line: The role sits within the Permitted Product Management Group, a global team of 8 based in London, Belfast and New York and reports to Siobhan Cooke, Head of Permitted Product Management. The group is responsible for managing the design and implementation of controls and governance relating to the Permitted Products, and sits within the wider Trading Book Risk Management group headed by Nic Fries who reports to the Institutional Clients Group Chief Risk Officer. Key Responsibilities:
Manage/coordinate projects and BAU controls in relation to Permitted Products with the support of junior team members:
Qualifications Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Manage the daily Permitted Product compliance control;
- Review permitted product change requests to ensure the correct review and approval process;
- Manage the PPL Annual review process (involving Risk, Front Office Management and Control Functions);
- Work with other functions on projects to enhance the Permitted Product Control Framework;
- Work with other functions to leverage the PPL framework to facilitate other initiatives and regulatory requirements (e.g. FRTB);
- Provide on-going guidance and training to Market Risk Managers, Business Unit Managers and Control Function partners in relation to Permitted Products and the control processes; governing them;
- Monitor, interpret and react to emerging regulatory guidance related to Permitted Product Control Framework;
- Assess on a continuous basis the adequacy of Permitted Product MIS technology systems to support effective functionalities and propose and test enhancements;
- Oversee the standard reporting (undertaken by Risk Reporting) of PPL information and KPIs to management, governance committees and regulators;
- Provide information and guidance to other functions within Citi in relation to Permitted Products (including supporting regulatory requests).
- Previous experience engaging with Global Financial Markets trading businesses in Risk, Front Office, Finance, Compliance, Legal or Operations;
- A proven track record in driving results and organizing projects, working in, or leading, a team;
- Understanding of traded financial products;
- Experience of working with, and specifying requirements for, business technology solutions.
- Good understanding of key risk and control considerations for a global trading business.
- Experience of working under pressure and with complexity and uncertainty.
- Ability to quickly analyze and understand a problem, with a big picture approach as well as attention to detail, and propose and implement appropriate innovative and/or pragmatic solutions.
- A self-starter with the initiative and ability to independently manage a team and drive multiple deliverables concurrently to a very high standard.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, presentational). Confident and credible in a meeting forum with senior management, with the ability to deliver crisp executive summaries (both verbal and written).
- Good influencing skills with ability to gain consensus and agreement across many disparate functions, products and geographies.
- Must have ability to stay ahead in a constantly changing environment. Must be an agent for change, ensuring others understand current direction.
- Aptitude and energy to translate strategy into execution in a complex and cross-functional control framework.
- Individual should be control-focused with strong attention to detail and follow-up, but also team-oriented, flexible, with have good interpersonal skills and ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to cope with being 'thrown in at the deep end' and have the initiative to figure out next steps.
- University degree in quantitative subject (e.g. Economics, Maths, Science, Business, Accounting, Engineering).
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience. Valuing Diversity:
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success. Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer