Performance Analytics & Data Analyst
Where you'll fit in & what our team goals are....
In this position you will support initiatives specific to investment performance measurement and analysis. It involves collecting, communicating, measuring, and analyzing investment performance information to ensure accuracy and the delivery of time-sensitive performance information for clients, marketing materials, investment professionals, and all levels of management. Responsibilities
How you'll spend your time....
- Performance attribution reporting for a range of fixed income portfolios using a bespoke in-house methodology;
- Analysis and interpretation of fixed income performance attribution results from the firm's investment strategy perspective;
- Reporting and analysis of fixed income portfolio and benchmark characteristics, including the required support of client reports, factsheets, and RFP process;
- Oversight and daily maintenance of the portfolio analytics and attribution systems and methodologies;
- Identifying efficiency gaps and improvement opportunities, driving process change through automation and programming;
- Design, development, and implementation of new analytical tools to help monitor and explain performance and characteristics of portfolios;
- Assisting in projects and day to day work of the wider department, including performance measurement and client reporting where and when required;
- Support of the global business objectives, while proactively seeking collaboration opportunities.
To be successful in this role you will have....
- Good knowledge of financial markets, investment process, and financial instruments;
- Experience of working with large data sets using advanced data interrogation techniques and applications;
- Good knowledge and understanding of investment accounting and investment data, including accounting systems;
- Understanding financial statements, financial ratios, fixed income analytics such as durations, credit spreads, and yields;
- Expertise in Microsoft applications with emphasis on Excel, including VBA;
- Experience in programming and its applications (Python, C);
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact effectively and confidently with internal teams and external clients;
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills;
- An ability to identify problems, design and articulate solutions and implement change;
- Strong team player with the ability to work unsupervised, as well as operating as part of a wider team and department.
If you also had this, it would be great....
• Familiarity with investment and performance measurement concepts
• Work experience specific to performance measurement and analytics
• Proficient with data and report automation
• Advanced experience with performance systems, such as Factset, Confluence, Wilshire iQ, Morningstar, and/or Lipper