Performance Analyst - LDI funds - innovative asset manager, exposure to complex alternative investment strategies (excellent numerate academics plus a confident "can do" attitude a must)
- To £45,000 plus bonus and benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Carnegie Consulting
- 19 Apr 18 2018-04-19
Career defining role working for an amazing manager who will have your career development as his main focus. With your strong record of academic achievement you will have a numerical / economics based undergraduate degree and some relevant performance measurement related data experience / exposure within the asset management sector, including conceptual knowledge around performance attribution. An appreciation of LDI strategies or complex OTC derivatives would be very useful. Excellent data mining skills via excel key as is a proven ability to forge meaningful internal client relationships
- This is a really exciting and broad role working for a fantastic manager, within a team concerned with the production of performance and ex post risk analytics for a range of complex derivative based LDI funds
- The manager will focus on both your personal and professional development and encourages his team to build really strong and effective working relationships with investment, sales, quant and other related departments within this market leading asset manager, thereby, further developing your all round knowledge base
- This is very much a proactive role that will suit a results orientated person with a logical mind. Key involvement in system and process related projects will be part of the role offering further development opportunities
- Specific duties include (and are not limited to):
- To provide ‘value-added’ performance & risk solutions to complement and enhance the existing services of the team and the standard services supplied by our outsourced performance provider.
- To work within a team of performance measurement professionals with an emphasis on building on the team’s relationship with Insight stakeholders and our outsourced performance provider.
- Production, analysis and communication of daily summary performance and risk numbers
- Provide detailed explanations to fund managers on performance and risk numbers
- Ensure that queries are investigated appropriately and resolved satisfactorily within specified timeframes.
- Foster and maintain successful relationships between the team, its stakeholders and our outsourced providers.
- Building trust and strong relationships with the fund managers and fixed income product specialists is key to the success of this role.
- Identify the firm’s performance & risk measurement/analysis requirements and determine appropriate solutions to deliver them.
- Pro-active analysis and monitoring of performance & risk results to identify issues and sources of success.
- Oversight and direction of systems used in the generation or dissemination of daily performance & risk information, but with particular concentration for absolute return strategy funds.
- You will have an impeccable record of academic achievement, with a numerate / finance related degree from a top-tier University
- Possess a logical mind with the ability and desire to learn and pick things up quickly
- A passion in financial services, with a thirst for knowledge around alternative investment strategies
- In terms of practical experience, you will have an understanding of basic fund performance measurement concepts
- Understanding of a wide range of instrument types would be advantageous, even if theoretical
- Be able to demonstrate skills in the questioning and challenging of processes and methodologies.
- Strong client relationship management/development skills
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills
- Operates with professionalism, honesty and integrity at all times
- Advanced excel spreadsheet skills and data manipulation experienec required with some experience of Access databases desirable
- Award winning Global Asset Manager with a reputation for being an innovator with regard to development of complex investment strategies / client solutions
- A culture that really promotes both personal and professional development