Our client is a leading real estate private equity firm based in central London. They are looking to recruit an Analyst, either studying towards their CFA or already qualified, to join their Finance team on a permanent basis. The successful candidate will be responsible for producing reports regarding fund performance, risks and rewards for use by the business and its investors. Applicants should be highly numerate, with previous analytical experience within a similar financial services environment.
- Work with the Finance team on the preparation of investment performance and fund performance calculations.
- Work directly with Investment teams to ensure complete management and investor reporting, including Quarterly Investor Reports.
- Form a close working relationship with the accounting service providers to ensure accurate and timely information is available on all investments.
- Working with the CFO and Investor Relations Director to ensure that all Investment cash flows are updated in the track record and clearly presented for fundraising and investor relations.
- Ensure that fund-level information on investments is properly captured and regularly updated to allow fund performance analysis to be undertaken.
- Work with the Finance team and Investor Relations to ensure all investor requests are met on a timely basis.
- Undertake ongoing analysis of individual investments and projects with the senior management team for decision making purposes.
- Work with the Partners, CFO and Investor Relations on capital raising requests i.e. questionnaires and financial performance data.
- Take an active role in the development and implementation of proposed fund performance software system.
- Degree educated, with an excellent academic record.
- Minimum 4-5 years experience working in a financial services environment, preferably in the Real Estate or alternatively Private Equity sector.
- CFA qualified – level 2 minimum.
- Knowledge of the Real Estate sector would be an advantage.
- Prior knowledge of accounting and financial modelling.
- Language skills advantageous – English essential; French/Spanish/Italian – useful.
- Team player – supportive of the organisation’s needs.
- Excellent communication, verbal and written.
- Confident self-starter, able to work independently and without supervision.
- Excellent organiser with a meticulous eye for detail.
- Strong analytical and IT skills – particularly Excel and Powerpoint.
- Portfolio management experience and performance analysis expertise.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Samantha van Staden: email@example.com quoting reference SVS50784.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.