Perception Analyst - Corporate Services
- Competitive Salary and Bonus
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 15 Feb 18 2018-02-15
Perception reports contain both quantitative and qualitative analyses, and are delivered as Board-quality presentations with detailed results and key excerpts from telephone conversations with analysts and portfolio managers. Ipreo's perception team presents study findings and provides consultative recommendations for the investor communication strategy. This position is multi-faceted and requires written proficiency in English, verbal communications skills, research skills, and a basic knowledge of financial markets. Successful analysts on the Ipreo Perception Team are organized, detail-oriented, and self-starters.
Imagine a job where you…
- Work directly with senior managers on a regular basis
- Have a meaningful impact on the mission-critical products and services that clients rely on every single day
- Collaborate with colleagues across business lines and regions
At Ipreo, this is true for EVERY MEMBER of our global organization! Our technology solutions and analytical insights are relied upon by every major investment bank and thousands of corporations around the world.
Ipreo is a leading global provider of high quality data, expert insight, and productivity solutions to Investment Banking and Corporate clients. With decades of experience serving the capital markets, a reputation for superior customer service and a commitment to creating technologies that improve our clients’ performance, Ipreo is both a dynamic innovator and a trusted resource. Counting the world’s leading investment banks, and hundreds of Fortune 1000 & FTSE 100 corporations as customers, Ipreo demonstrates every day how it brings players together through market-leading innovation, intelligence, and insight.
A majority of Ipreo is equally held by private equity investors Blackstone and Goldman Sachs Merchant Banking Division, with the balance held by employees. Together with Blackstone and Goldman Sachs Merchant Banking Division, Ipreo remains committed to bringing our clients the best tools, analysis, and insights available, enabling them to run more effective and efficient investor relations programs.
Our solutions support publicly listed companies, the sell side, and the buy side with analyst-based consulting services and leading-edge technology that allow our clients to achieve results with greater efficiency and impact. Ipreo’s Global Headquarters is in New York City with nearly 700 employees around the globe, located in offices in Raleigh, NC, London, Frankfurt, Paris, Vienna, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Cape Town, and Brazil.
What we look for:
You will be part of a team that works with senior management, Investor Relations, and the Board of Directors of publicly traded companies. The purpose of our work is to provide actionable intelligence that helps companies better understand and effectively respond to the needs of its shareholders and sell-side analysts, as well as foster stronger relationships with the capital markets. Perception Analytics also provides valuable insight into the key factors and concerns that drive investment decisions and sell-side ratings.
Perception reports contain both quantitative and qualitative analyses, and are delivered as Board-quality presentations with detailed results and key excerpts from telephone conversations with analysts and portfolio managers. Ipreo's perception team presents study findings and provides consultative recommendations for the investor communication strategy.
This position is multi-faceted and requires written proficiency in English, verbal communications skills, research skills, and a basic knowledge of financial markets. Successful analysts on the Ipreo Perception Team are organized, detail-oriented, and self-starters.
You will be part of a dynamic team split across New York, London, and Cape Town, South Africa, and your primary responsibilities will include:
- Actively following the capital markets and researching companies in order to be up-to-date on current financial events and well-versed about multiple industries
- Conducting in-depth telephone interviews with buy-side analysts, portfolio managers, and sell-side analysts
- Transcribing audio tapes of telephone interviews using proper business language
- Organizing data in Excel to create graphs that illustrate findings in a quantitative format
- Interpreting, analyzing, and outlining key findings in a cohesive, written summary
- Developing strategic recommendations to improve investor communications
- Directly engaging with clients to deliver report findings and provide advisory on implementation
- Basic understanding of/experience with the capital markets
- Comfortable with financial language and terms
- Strong analytical skills and writing ability
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- High level of attention to detail and time management
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively within a team environment
- Proactive, innovative attitude
- Comfortable speaking with senior level executives
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Quick to learn new software
- Bachelor Degree, preferably in Business, Finance, or Economics
- Experience of 1-3 years