Payroll Specialist EMEA - London or Munich
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.91 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description: Location:
The successful candidate could be based in either London or Munich
The Specialist will have regional responsibilities for payroll and pension administration. This is a diverse, hands-on role that requires proactive analytical capabilities and an in-depth knowledge of and experience with payroll and pension practices. This position provides a great opportunity to work independently and evolve the scope of services while being part of a dedicated, collegiate team in an international and highly professional environment. This position reports to the region Payroll Manager and will work closely with the EMEA HR Team and the Payroll and Benefits team in the United States. Some regional travel may be required. Primary responsibilities/essential functions (other duties may be assigned): Payroll:
- Responsible for payroll administration in Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Luxembourg, Spain and UK.
- Prepare, submit and audit monthly payrolls in each location and conduct data integrity audits.
- Point of contact regarding payroll related topics, including payslip questions, changes to personal details and inquiries from employees.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating payroll process documentation, including employee-facing websites and recommending improvements to processes.
- Act as the initial contact between the external payroll providers on payroll-related issues.
- Responsible for meeting monthly accounting reporting obligations, compliance reporting, and other EMEA payroll and pension data reporting requests as needed.
- Assist Finance and Accounting with reconciliations between the external payroll provider and internal systems such as PeopleSoft and SAP.
- Support reconciliation of year end reporting and tax statements.
- Provide support on internal and external audits including financial audits and pension.
- Stay current on relevant payroll and benefits regulations for the region.
- Participate in working groups and project teams as a payroll representative.
- Administer Germany employee benefits including pension and health and social insurance.
- Responsible for on and off boarding of employees for Germany benefits and payroll.
- Pension contribution administration for all EMEA locations.
- Assist in the maintenance and development of the benefits intranet and communication campaigns.
- 5+ years of relevant EMEA payroll experience.
- Strong analytical skills and background, financial acumen and attention to detail.
- High quality written and verbal communication skills (both German and English) and ability to communicate effectively cross-functionally and globally in a growing and every-changing environment.
- Strong sense of accountability, sound personal judgment and global business acumen.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel (pivot, vLookUp, macros).
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy of discretion.
- A team player and a strong self-starter.
- Great organizational skills with exceptional follow through and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in HR and payroll systems to extract information and create databases for analysis.
- Experience with Workday, ADP platforms or global HCM and payroll systems preferred.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office