Our Client is a regulatory consultancy looking to grow their payments offering. They are looking for someone with consultancy experience and they should be technically solid in the EMR and PSR world, with PSD2 being important but less so. This is a great opportunity for someone with a desire to progress their career in a role with lots of exposure to different projects and clients within the payments space.
Providing specialist advice on detailed regulatory requirements through to delivering complex regulatory implementation projects. Being an integral part of the Payments and E-Money team within our successful Capital Markets Practice.
The role provides an opportunity to contribute to the continuing growth of the Payments and E-Money whose clients range from UK based SPIs to international EMIs providing innovative fintech services. The team also participates in marketing and business development, technical research, producing technical materials and RegTech solutions.
Accountabilities and responsibilities
- Demonstrable compliance experience in a PSP, EMI or legal or other professional services company
- Demonstrate deep understanding of both the business issues and the key regulatory challenges faced across the payments and e-money sector, including areas of supervisory focus and UK-EU divergence
- Familiarity with the key aspects of UK regulations, EU rules and the FCA handbook is critical
- A broad understanding of the regulatory and supervisory environment and an appetite to keep learning.
- Take personal responsibility for achieving the agreed billable hours target, ensuring you have a sufficient pipeline of client work
- Provide high quality advice and support to clients on a range of regulatory compliance matters. This may include:
- conducting regulatory reviews
- delivering training sessions and workshops for compliance staff and senior management
- assisting with authorisations
- drafting policies, procedures and templates
- Manage projects, often with multiple workstreams. This includes project planning, budgeting, scheduling, resource management and project close-down.
- Act as the main point of contact for a portfolio of clients. This may include:
- responding to all queries, managing client expectations and delegating work, where necessary
- reviewing the work of colleagues and providing constructive feedback
- ensuring accurate invoicing, timely payment and assisting the Finance team in resolving any queries
- dealing with any complaints quickly and effectively
- Actively partner with global sector teams to support and deliver on shared projects and responsibilities, where required
- Adhere to the firm’s Quality Assurance Framework prior to submission to the client
- Accurately record all client time in the CRM system
Ensure all client files are in good order and details of relevant contacts are updated in the CRM system.
- Grow Payments and E-Money related revenue from both ongoing support and project engagements and by developing new product and service offerings
- Build and maintain professional working relationships with clients, trade bodies and the regulator(s)
- Actively seek to increase the pipeline by targeting new clients, as well as leveraging existing client relationships to maximise opportunities for up-selling and cross-selling
- Prepare well-presented, accurately priced proposals and present these to prospective clients
- Represent the firm at industry events, promoting the company brand
- Participate in internal events and training sessions such as client briefings and roundtable events
- Assist the team and the wider practice with marketing and business development activities
- Record all touch-points, leads, opportunities and proposals in the CRM system
- Compliance and Regulatory SME in the area of payments and e-money
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments and understand how client activities may be impacted
- Be proactive in updating both colleagues and clients on relevant regulatory changes and industry news.
- Develop a thorough understanding of clients’ businesses and requirements to enable you to provide relevant and accurate advice
- Help develop the companies technical capacity within the relevant sectors
Key People Responsibilities, Management and Development
- Whilst the role will not have any direct reports, due to anticipated team growth, strong people management skills and experience would be beneficial
Qualifications and experience
- Ideally a minimum of five years of Payments or E-Money related compliance experience.
- Educated to degree level.
- Significant compliance-related experience gained at payment service institutions, e-money institutions, legal practice, consultancy and/or the regulator
- Knowledge and experience of the PSRs, EMRs and PSD2
- Proven track record of exceeding financial goals and sales targets; consulting experience would be advantageous
- Deep understanding of the FCA’s policies and procedures
- Experience of translating regulatory rules and guidance into meaningful, fit-for-purpose and pragmatic solutions for clients
- Experience managing client relationships
- Ability to be proactive when dealing with clients giving full consideration to their requirements
- Ability to anticipate, monitor and manage compliance risks resulting from various investments and business activities
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills and experience using a CRM system would be an advantage
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to confidently interact with Board and Executive level clients
- Ability to prioritise multiple projects and engagements whilst meeting tight deadlines
- Highly motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Proven ability to manage own workload, and cope with the ‘peaks and troughs’ associated with professional services
- Commercial acumen, with the ability to spot new opportunities and develop them
- Entrepreneurial mind-set and ‘can do’ attitude