Product Manager for an early-stage FinTech Payments business.
Eximius have partnered with a very early stage FinTech start up who are looking to scale out their product team.
The client has developed a new mobile point of sale platform and payment aggregator which help businesses to carry out a standard electronic transaction and accept a multitude of different payment methods using a web and app-based technology platform. The client is developing a ground-breaking product with their customers at the core. They have funding from the leading names in tech investment, and a visionary leadership team who wants everyone who joins this remarkable adventure, to have the autonomy to masterfully develop their expertise.
We are looking for a Product Manager in order to facilitate their expanding product roadmap and enable them to scale up. Their product development team is cross-discipline, containing mobile and back-end developers, QAs, designers, data scientist and other stakeholders from across the company, such as Operations, Cx, Marketing etc.
This role has the exciting opportunity to work closely with the Founder and CEO other experienced C-level officers and a board with decades of success in the payments space, whilst executing on the company’s vision. You will own a roadmap and manage the product backlog for the team completely. Going forward, you will be actively involved in stand-ups, interacting with developers to ensure that delivery remains viable and make sure they provide the best experience possible for their customers - both corporate and consumer.
You will be the team’s storyteller, a communicator that ensures the product vision is delivered as per the roadmap. For each new feature you will receive an initial debrief from a senior stakeholder, which will be in the form of KPI, or a specific product (e.g a new payment integration). You will then work with any necessary team members to use this information to spec out the requirements, determine the design work, write and prioritise user-stories, place these in the team’s Trello backlog, and manage the team.
- Developing and leading the execution of our go-to-market launch plans for new and existing features.
- Work with their external technical partners….
- Working in partnership with Engineering Management, ensuring road-map and backlog priorities are maintained to enable a smooth agile development process and minimize blockers.
- Monitoring the team’s development velocity and facilitate the resolution of risks and blockers.
- Identifying market opportunities and contribute to the product vision and business strategy.
- Meeting frequently with marketing, product, data, engineering and company’s stakeholders to develop a deep understanding of their business processes and needs.
- Updating regularly the wider organisation on the progress of new Product releases.
- Providing client-facing documentation and contributing to Product Marketing collateral for new Product releases.
- Gathering post-launch client feedback and quickly capture learnings to adapt the product.
- Championing client experience throughout the organisation.
- 4+ years of product management experience, having managed one entire product development cycle from concept to launch.
- 2+ years experience in the FinTech space, ideally in Payments. You should have a solid understanding of issuing banks, acquiring banks and gateways, and the relationships between them and the processes each communicate via. You should have a strong understanding of technical details such as the information transferred in a transaction and how MIDs operate.
- You have proven track record leading with complex strategic and operational initiatives, working through technical, operational, legal/policy and business issues within the FinTech and/or Financial Services industry.
- You are an over-achiever who has a strong orientation for results beyond just great ideas.
- You are interested in a culture built on putting our users first, thinking rigorously, working transparently and delivering high quality and high impact work.
- You have entrepreneurial DNA: flexible to changes, eager to learn, proactive to act, resilient to failure, persistent in making impact.
- You are bold, tenacious, and have a track record of achieving what others thought was impossible - not only within your job, but throughout your entire life. You challenge the status quo, and believe in your own truth, that can be supported by facts, data and empirical research.
This is a great opportunity to start with a rapidly growing FinTech. Due to he early stages of the business the initial remuneration for year one will be mostly made up of month/quarterly bonuses/add ons with Equity. However this will change once second round of funding has been completed.