See job description for details
The Business Join us in London as a DevOps Engineer
What you'll do
- This is an opportunity to take on an influential role in Path, an RBS backed start up business, which is on a mission to make UK SMEs more successful
- It's a chance to build on your existing digital innovation skills and help us to provide a market leading service
Path exists to help UK small businesses be more successful, an aim which runs through everything we do in building our business. Our multi-disciplinary product team is small, flexible and uses agile and lean methods to quickly provide our customers and people with innovative digital solutions. We combine the latest technologies with customer-centric design to consistently deliver exciting digital experiences that help businesses grow.
You'll be working with technologies and cloud services to automate platforms and software deployments in a fast paced, scalable, secure and consistent manner. You'll manage and run production and non-production cloud platforms with no downtime to customers or staff.
Day to day, you'll:
The skills you'll need
- Drive infrastructure and tooling improvements that enable the business to confidently operate at pace
- Establish a DevOps practice that supports and enables engineers and the business
- Be responsible for automation and system provisioning, metrics, monitoring, scalability and security
- Promote what we do to the wider bank and technology industry
- Proactively mitigate for malicious security risks and put in place a robust real-time monitoring framework
You'll need comprehensive knowledge of continuous integration and delivery tooling such as Github, continuous deployment, docker and Teraform.
You should have:
How we'll reward you
- Experience of a stand alone role deploying AWS Cloud
- Knowledge of automation, security, continuous integration and scalability
- The ability to implement your own ideas
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer. Inclusion
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .