Partner Solution Architect Senior Manager - EMEA
DESCRIPTION Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced and motivated Technical Manager to coach, grow, and partner with technically skilled, customer-facing Solutions Architects. You will help develop the industry's best cloud-based solutions architects by enabling and coaching them on best practices, solution selling, presentation and speaking skills, as well as how to create and present architectures of widely varying size and complexity. In collaboration with Global System Integrator (GSI) Partner Development Managers, you will drive revenue growth across a broad set of customers. If you think you have what it takes to lead the best in the industry, AWS is hiring Managers for our Solutions Architects.
This is an ideal role for someone who has experience managing a team of technical solutions architects working for a global systems integrator, a large IT consulting firm, or a Fortune 1000 company. In this role, you will need to be technically capable and credible in your own right as well as effective in shaping the customer and solutions-focused skills of your team. You must enjoy learning and introducing new technology in order to help colleagues and customers embrace and adopt new technology. Furthermore, thought leadership in terms of looking beyond the technology and considering the value technology creates for our customers, and helping to change how technology is viewed are important aspects of the role. You will help team members ramp-up on AWS as well as develop speaking, writing, presentation, and executive interaction skills. You will also need to be adept at interacting, communicating and partnering with other departments within AWS such as our services teams, marketing, and professional services, as well as representing your team to executive management.
• Technical leader and trusted adviser in the area of cloud computing for our GSI partners
• Hire, on-board, train, and develop new Solutions Architects from internal and external sources
• Coach Solutions Architects in the skills needed to conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions so they can transfer deep technical skills to GSIs who are considering or using AWS
• Assist our GSIs to build an AWS center of excellence within their organization enabling them to offer and deliver AWS based solutions to our joint customers
• Assist GSIs to earn the trust of customers by delivering multi-day technical workshops, lead white boarding sessions, executing on Proof of Concepts, and contributing to the construction of performant, scalable, secure, and highly available AWS solutions
• Demonstrate a bias for action and deep technical skills by authoring joint technical whitepapers with GSIs, technical case studies, and enterprise focused blog posts
• Exhibit a combination of management skills, technical vision, creativity, technical acumen, and deep AWS technical skills by jointly designing and developing industry and vertical solutions
• Assist partners define the approach, tools, and end state architecture as they migrate customers to Amazon Web Services
• Technology Breadth: demonstrate architectural best practices applied across a breadth of technologies to solve organizational problems, articulate views/roadmaps for future development, and understand the interaction between infrastructure, operations, and development
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Must have 5+ years of experience leading teams within the technical sales space, and have experience in the enterprise sales.
• Expertise in the following technology areas: devops, containers, serverless, application/cloud-native development and design, CI/CD
• Hands on experience within the last 7 years in networking, security, database administration or development, application development, or system administration
• 10 or more years of related experience working in development, engineering, or IT
• BS level degree required, computer science, business or math background preferred
• Fluency in English
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Experience working with/for Global Systems Integrators and knowing the market landscape
• Experience with executive speaking and presentation skills including formal presentations, white boarding, large and small group presentations.
• Must have a demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations, including strategic partners.
• International consulting and delivery experience w/ global F500 enterprise customers and partners
• Use of AWS services in distributed environments with Enterprise Software
• Cloud and/or AWS experience; AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate Level or above
• Broad Enterprise systems experience including Oracle, SAP, MSFT and custom Java/.NET applications.
• MS level degree, computer science, business or math background preferred.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
• Visible IT Industry thought leadership on relevant topics related to enterprise IT infrastructure
• Advanced degrees in engineering and/or business
• Up to 25% travel
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/Age