Part Time Accounts Assistant - 20 / 25 Hours per week
- £25000 - £30000 per annum, pro rata depending on experience.
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Part time
- Walker Hamill
- 16 Feb 18 2018-02-16
Our client, a leading Private Equity firm, is looking to recruit an Accounts Assistant on a part time basis. The successful candidate will be responsible for low volume, yet highly complex work. This is a perfect opportunity for someone with a keen interest in Private Equity.
- Ensure all invoices and expense claim forms are correctly calculated, approved and coded and accurately inputted into the purchase ledger.
- Investigate and resolve purchase ledger queries as required.
- Responsible for the monthly closure of the purchase ledger including payment and credit control, management reports and aged creditors.
- Responsible for checking and monitoring the firm’s daily cash position.
- Prepare payment batches and enter BACS, CHAPS or International payments in the online banking platform ready for authorisation.
- Responsible for the firm’s petty cash and foreign currency cash expenses.
- Responsible for the sales ledger in respect of the recharge of expenses across the group and to portfolio companies.
- Ensure adherence to month end deadlines.
- Undertake ad hoc tasks as required from time to time to assist in the general running of the Finance Team.
- Pro-active approach with excellent attention to detail, quality and accuracy and will take ownership of the role.
- Previous purchase ledger experience essential.
- Ability to clearly communicate in a professional manner.
- Able to work efficiently in a small close knit team, and with a keen interest to develop a career within Private Equity.
- Good IT skills with sufficient understanding of excel and accounting systems (General Ledger input).
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for almost 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed companies, private equity backed businesses and privately owned, early stage ventures. We recruit across all sectors, but have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. We have offices in the UK, Switzerland and Australia. For further information, please see http://www.walkerhamill.com/