Paralegal NBREMEL London
Norges Bank Investment Management is organised as a separate division within Norges Bank (the central bank of Norway) and is managing the investments of the Norwegian Government Pension Fund Global (GPFG) under a mandate given by the Norwegian Ministry of Finance.
In connection with the direct investments in real estate Norges Bank Investment Management established a 100 % owned subsidiary of Norges Bank, located in London, NBRE Management Europe Limited in 2016. NBRE Management Europe Limited is now seeking a dedicated and results oriented professional for the position as Paralegal to work within the Real Assets Legal and Tax team in Norges Bank Investment Management in London. This team is responsible for developing tax policy, providing legal and tax advice relating to management strategy, investment processes, investment structuring and investment operations in connection with the direct investments of the GPFG, i.e., the direct real estate investments and the directs renewable infra structure investments. The team is also responsible for oversight and management of external advisors that provide tax compliance, tax administration and legal services to over 100 real estate investment subsidiaries in Europe, USA and Asia.
What you will do
Your role will be to provide paralegal, company secretarial and legal support services to NBRE Management Europe Limited in London and Paris and to the Real Assets Legal and Tax team.
As a member of the Real Assets Legal and Tax team, which is an internal, international, team of lawyers and tax advisors based in London, Oslo, Luxembourg, and New York. You will have the opportunity to be a part of an international organisation and influence the further development of the team.
The position is in London. Travel may be required, mostly within Europe.
Some of the main responsibilities:
* Providing company secretarial services work in relation to the company structures set up in the UK, France, Luxembourg and Germany including maintaining statutory records, statutory filings, Companies House (or similar) documentation, coordinating and arranging board meetings and minute taking
* Providing document management services in respect of a wide range of commercial service provider contracts and confidentiality/non-disclosure agreements
* Providing daily support to, and working closely with, the Real Assets Legal and Tax team
* Carry out basic legal research
* Project management as and when required
* Basic administrative duties
* Contributing to a hardworking, high-performing team with focus on results
What you need
* Business level French and English
* University degree with good results
* German, and/or Dutch language capabilities will be an advantage
* Practical experience either as an in-house paralegal from a multinational company or from private practice
* Experience within the corporate and commercial industry or a particular interest in this area is considered an advantage
Who you are
* A pro-active, thoughtful person with a flexible and enquiring mind
* Skilled communicator, in writing and in person with internal and external stakeholders at various levels
* Someone who is able to operate independently, but who is also a lively and engaging participant in group projects
* Pro-active, can-do attitude, willing to take on a broad range of work, including diverse areas, across all areas of the organisation
* Structured and accurate with ability to deliver high quality work
* Collaborative and a good team player
* Ambition to excel
* Excellent communication skills with strong proficiency in written and spoken English and French
What we offer
NBRE Management Europe Limited as a group company within the Norges Bank group of companies and can offer a rewarding, international and fast-paced working environment, and the opportunity to play a role in safeguarding and building financial wealth for future generations. The company, as part of Norges Bank Investment Management, has a performance culture that values the contribution of every individual and focuses on professional growth.
Our core values of excellence, innovation, integrity and team spirit underpin our culture and how we operate across all our offices. We collaborate and share information within our organisation which consists of 37 nationalities. English is our common working language. Our organisation is grounded in trust, high ethical standards, a flat hierarchy and diversity. We aim to increase the share of women to exceed or match the industry average across all functions.
Norges Bank Investment Management is committed to ensuring Equal Opportunities for all employees.
* Gender - neutral leave, Maternity and Paternity Leave
* Competitive salary offered
* Health Insurance including dental
* Income Protection
* Defined Pension
* 25 days holiday
Please apply online via the recruitment portal. Please note due to GDPR, applications not made via the recruitment portal will be disregarded.
Contact details: Questions regarding the position may be directed to Camilla Lous, Senior Legal Advisor (tel.: +47 93264747), Melinee Ashworth, Legal Advisor (tel.: +44 7583047558)
Please register an online application via the career portal on www.nbim.no.
Opening date for application is 15 November 2021.
Deadline for application is 30 November 2021.
This is direct recruitment via nbim.no we are not looking to work with agencies on this piece of recruitment. Thank you for your interest.