Paralegal (2 Month FTC)
- Paralegal - Data protection and privacy
Main Purpose of the Role
Assisting with data protection and privacy related queries, agreements, policies, document reviews, DSARs, record management as well as some GDPR remediation. Key Responsibilities
A list of the main duties and expected outcomes of the role:
- Liaising with internal stakeholders and external vendors to ensure all legal queries and documentation are reflective of the business objectives and in line with data protection and privacy requirements.
- Reviewing data protection and privacy compliance of Vendor agreements and other agreements as required.
- Responding to matters and queries relating to data protection or privacy
- Attending meetings with internal clients.
- Document management including maintaining relevant template agreements and clauses, document reviews and records in relation to DSARs and data protection and privacy compliance.
- Interest and willingness to learn and manage certain tasks.
Ideally LPC qualified with some legal and/or paralegal experience would be useful
Microsoft Office suite of applications
Knowledge and experience of documentation management systems would be useful
The department is always very lively and busy so the candidate should be able to deal with competing demands in a mature and sensible fashion as well as building rapport with stakeholders and colleagues. The candidate will be exposed to matters of strategic importance to the firm and the wider group so discretion and confidentiality is essential. Working effectively:
- Self-starter and capable of working independently with minimal supervision
- Confident to tackle wide range of issues
- Takes ownership of requirements/issues and ensures they are resolved to meet objectives
- Very organised, disciplined and responsive.
- D emonstrates an understanding of clients and their commercial needs
- Is able to liaise with and give guidance to the business and other departments in a firm, yet polite and effective manner
- Shares knowledge/experience with team
- Strong developed written and verbal communication skills
- Good reporting skills