- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- GIC (London) Private Limited
- 13 Feb 18 2018-02-13
GIC (London) Private Limited is of the world’s leading investment funds, with over 1400 people working together to create long-term value. We invest well over US$100 billion in a diverse range of assets – from equities to real estate and natural resources – in over 40 countries, all around the world. We are always looking for people to join us and help drive our future success and currently have a role within our Legal and Compliance team for a Paralegal.
Legal and Compliance Department
The Legal and Compliance Department (LCD) manages the legal, regulatory and compliance risks of GIC. LCD partners with the business to ensure that such issues and risks are dealt with in a considered and timely manner. In the course of your work, you can expect to work with top international and local law firms.
We are looking for a suitable candidate to join our Legal and Compliance team in London as a Paralegal.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating confidentiality agreements, third party engagement letters and release / reliance letters for all business areas.
- Document management, including collating original documents and checking closing bibles of documents.
- Assisting in legal and regulatory projects.
- Liaising with business, LCD colleagues and other risk management functions to address risk/control issues.
- Dealing with queries from the business on all areas of responsibility.
- Candidates should have a law degree or have completed the LPC. Work experience in corporate environment is desirable.
- At least six months paralegal experience gained either with a law firm or a financial institution would be preferred but is not essential.
- Familiarity with corporate transactions would be beneficial.
- Candidates will be advantaged if they have experience of reviewing and negotiating confidentiality agreements or other legal contracts.
- Candidates should be highly-motivated and able to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Meticulous with high attention to detail.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills are required.
- Being a member of the institute of paralegals would be advantageous.