PUI Investment Banking AVP
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Apr 19
Barclays are seeking an AVP to join the Power, Utilities & Infrastructure team based in London. The role will undertake research and monitor developments/ trends in the PUI market, as well as supporting clients with M&A, capital raising and providing structured solutions.
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Our two clearly defined divisions, Barclays UK and Barclays International, provide diversification by business line, geography and customer, enhancing financial resilience and helping to contribute to the delivery of consistent returns through the business cycle. We have a strong core business with exciting prospects, well positioned to deliver long-term value for our shareholders.
Consistent with the objective of delivering long-term sustainable value for all our stakeholders, we have developed our Shared Growth Ambition – our approach to citizenship and the sustainability of the business model we operate. The aim is to make decisions and do business that provides our clients and customers, and the communities which we serve, with access to a prosperous future. The delivery of our strategy is underpinned by the energy, commitment and passion of our people, and we are clear on our common purpose: to help people achieve their ambitions, in the right way.
The Power, Utilities & Infrastructure team provides large corporate, government and institutional clients with a full spectrum of solutions to their strategic advisory, financing and risk management needs.
Our activities include:
- Advise clients on M&A, capital raising, structured solutions or risk management
- Raise debt financing for companies, sovereign wealth funds and supranational entities
- Originate and execute equity and equity-linked transactions such as IPOs, follow-on and secondary offerings, and share repurchases
- Provide advice to corporate clients on investor relations and all matters relating to their equity
- Help clients to manage their exposure to financial risks such as movements in interest rates, currencies and inflation
- Analyse impact of raising debt on corporate credit rating
Overall purpose of role
Undertake research and monitor developments / trends in the Power, Utilities & Infrastructure market Maintain data on universes of comparable companies and comparable transactions in particular sub-sectors
- Undertake company valuations and financial modeling
- Prepare materials for clients and internal presentations
- Attend client meetings and presentations where appropriate
- Liaise with colleagues across the Bank and with external clients and third party advisors
- Manage M&A processes/mandates
- Coordinate financing requests from clients
- Manage and mentor junior staff members on projects
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
- Excellent financial analysis skills
- First class organisational and numeracy skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Sufficient knowledge of compliance, key applicable laws, rules and regulations
- Interest in the Power, Utilities & Infrastructure sector
- Proven track-record (through previous hands-on experience) of outstanding financial modeling skills in Excel
- Strong M&A skills, gained from either a product or sector team
- Experience in deal origination; helping generate ideas, writing presentations and handling client follow up
- Experience in financial modeling in Excel
- PUI sector expertise highly desirable
This role is deemed as a Certified role under the PRA & FCA - Individual Accountabilities Regulations and may require the role holder to hold mandatory regulatory qualifications or the minimum qualifications to meet internal company benchmarks.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.