- Permanent, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Full time
PR Manager - UK Intermediary - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
PR Manager - UK Intermediary - 12 Month Fixed Term ContractJob Description
Member of the Group Communications team, which is responsible for all aspects of PR focusing on institutional and intermediary journalists throughout the world.
The job holder is involved in all of the above activities with a particular responsibility and focus on Schroders' UK intermediary businesses specifically targeting retail investment and personal finance journalists. They will be responsible for implementing Schroders' PR strategy and activities in the UK intermediary channel. PR activities include management of specific product and theme focused campaigns, daily media management and press interaction.
This role requires the establishment of journalist and internal relationships. There is also a requirement to work with client firms' PR teams. The job holder has responsibility for ensuring that the output of all press releases and investment commentary are of both a high quality and accurate.
Responsibilities & Skills
• Implement the UK Intermediary PR strategy.
• Work directly with the Co-Heads of UK Intermediary and the Head of UK Marketing to ensure the PR strategy is aligned with business priorities and strategic capabilities.
• Act as media relations adviser to UK Intermediary distribution and marketing teams.
• Manage press programmes for key senior investment and distribution spokespeople.
• Responsible for establishing and maintaining key business and media IFA relationships.
• Build relationship with key trade, personal finance and consumer journalists to ensure Intermediary business news is communicated and leveraged to maximum effect.
• Work with Assistant Communications Executive to drive social media activity, specifically on Twitter, to ensure we are engaging with media influencers.
• Ensure compliance processes and procedures are followed.