My client is a global Asset Manager seeking a PR Manager to lead the strategy and execution across UK, Europe and Asia.
The Public Relations Manager recommends, develops and coordinates execution of a media relations strategy for the business in Europe and Asia. Working closely with European senior leadership, the manager develops and executes a media outreach strategy that contributes to the business goals and the longer-term company/brand positioning goals.
- Strategy development: Develop and gain approval for a media relations strategy and execution plan for UK, Europe and Asia. The plan will include targeted publications and outlets, use of leadership personnel, issue identification and proposed positioning/narrative.
- Media engagement: Strategically enhance the engagement of the businesses brand in the industry media and financial press, focused on the professional buying audiences and in some instances, retail investor audiences as well.
- Relationship management: Proactively manage relationships with key journalists and influencers.
Qualification and Experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar position
- Recent experience with international asset management
- Familiarity with the relevant media channels within the asset management communications community
- Experience in managing a significant PR budget
- Proven track-record of working independently on PR plans and projects at an international firm
- Experience in building relationships with PR agencies and directly with select journalists
- Ability to provide strategic communication input and to drive change, innovation and best practice
- Ability to pro-actively manage external PR agencies
- Highly organized with ability to prioritise and handle multiple deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills, likeable and able to deliver in a fast-paced working environment
- Entrepreneurial and hands-on, ready to take initiative and innovate
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential material in a tactful and diplomatic fashion
If you believe the role to be of interest, please forward your CV and we will be in contact.