- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
PMO, Strategic Projects, Treasury
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
PMO, Strategic Projects, TreasuryAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
· projects, covering scoping and planning to implementation and closure.
· Located in London, this role will have wide ranging responsibilities (detailed below) and will involve the design, implementation and maintenance of programme/project finance and assist with ensuring the overall programme adheres to the Bank's governance.
· The PMO will also assist in drafting papers for various senior stakeholders and/or committees to provide updates on the overall programme's delivery and underlying risks.
· Ensure all project managers are adhering to the Bank's governance for project planning and updates to the Bank's ePMO platform.
· Prepare and manage all project plans, projects packs and material necessary to ensure the programme steering committee requires.
· Work with their PMO team members to coordinate the necessary updates into the Bank's ePMO platform 'Clarity' and ensure tight financial planning, control and oversight of the streams under your management.
The role is expected to be largely an individual contributor, collaboratively working with the regional project-aligned PMO resources. By its nature, this role is expected to be very hands-on, the successful candidate i s expected to have or build a reasonably detailed knowledge of the programme, and be able to add value by taking away the PMO burden from the PMs that they are working with.
· Manage and ensure programme adherence to bank standards for programme finance, vendor engagement supporting the project managers in London, Hong Kong and Singapore.
· Manage relationships with relevant stakeholders on related projects, collaborating closely with them and their teams.
· Work closely with PMs and the regional/local teams on financial management, project planning and overall project governance
· Provide end-to-end PMO support for key projects.
· Financial Cost Management - Ensuring the program consistently remains within agreed tolerance levels on budget to actual variances
· Headcount monitoring
· Ensuring adherence to Program standards (e.g. progress reporting, risks and issues, change control, configuration management, etc.) across the Work Streams
· Develop document standards and manage the deployment and adoption across the Work Streams
· Recommend actions to manage interfaces and critical dependencies between the Work Streams
· Assist the PM community on creation, tracking and timely delivery of key program artefacts - regular Program Status Reports, Issue & Risk Registers, financials. Benefit Realisation Reports etc
· Conduct independent project health assessments to ensure we continue to adhere to the Bank standards for programme management.
· QA of various project management deliverables as required
People and Talent
· Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
· Set and monitor objectives for direct reports and provide feedback in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives. Support the development of direct reports in line with the skills required.
· Proactively manage resourcing in team and on projects to support successful delivery.
· Foster good relationships with the Function Leads.
· Be an example for others to follow with regard to implementation of Change.
- Identify project and business risks, escalating to the Accountable Executive and Stream Leads (as appropriate) with strategies to mitigate that risk.
- Ensure all implementations mitigate risk where possible
- Adhere to SCB Programme Management good practice and governance. High level definition of what that entails is:
- Financial Oversight - Development and Implementation of a centralised process for managing the portfolio's financials ensuring that we have a good view across all of the programme's current position, projected run rate at all times with a low latency.
- Headcount Oversight - allied to the above, ensuring that we understand the current position with regards to current headcount, planned hires, location strategy and general position on the shape and size of the teams.
- Management Reporting - assisting the project managers in the production of steering committee packs to ensure that project financials and headcount are accurately and consistently reported across the portfolio.
- Programme Governance - ensuring that the portfolio is consistently following the standards for project management and assisting junior project managers to come up the curve where appropriate
- Vendor Management - maintain a register of vendors used across the portfolio and ensuring that the vendor management policies of the Bank
- Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Ensure the outcome achieved by each project is aligned to the Bank's Conduct Principles : [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.]*
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Accountable Executive for any related projects
- Head of Strategic Initiatives, Treasury
- Project and Programme Managers
- Project Steering Committee stakeholders - group and regional
- Key Functions involved in related projects, which can include any combination of: Legal, Compliance, Regulatory Affairs, Corporate Secretariat, Tax, Finance, Risk, Strategy and other parts of Treasury
- Infrastructure teams across the Bank, including IT
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.