PMO Analyst / Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent , Full time
- 11 Dec 17
Capco is a global technology and business consultancy, focused on the financial services sector. We are passionate about helping our clients succeed in an ever-changing industry.
- Experts in banking and payments, capital markets and wealth and asset management
- Deep knowledge in financial services offering, including e.g. Finance, Risk and Compliance, Financial Crime, Core Banking etc.
- Committed to growing our business and hiring the best talent to help us get there
- Focus on maintaining our nimble, agile and entrepreneurial culture
We think about PMO a little differently, and if you do too then we want to hear from you. Our next generation PMO teams think and act strategically, using data-driven insights to provide the backbone for large programmes and portfolios of work. We use design-thinking to develop meaningful reports, rapid prototyping and agile development to automate the heavy lifting of the day-to-day running of a PMO, and collaborate with our offshore PMO support teams to streamline administrative tasks, ensuring we can maintain focus on guiding delivery. You will learn to use our bespoke suite of programme/portfolio visualisation tools and utilise our partnerships with local Fintech startups to supercharge our clients’ PMO activities.
Sure, you’ll still need to have a good grasp of the basics of PMO, including reporting, RAID management, resource tracking, financial management, policies and methodologies, and an understanding of how to optimise processes to improve operational efficiency. Unsurprisingly, excellent stakeholder management skills are essential. Your roles will have a global focus and will require collaboration with Business, Operations, Finance, Compliance, IT and other functions.
SKILLS AND EXPERTISE
- Relentless focus on improvement and automation of PMO functions. Ideally able to hack efficient PMO delivery with VBA / SharePoint Designer / MS Access, but at the very least comfortable defining clear requirements for PMO automation systems.
- Experience working with and managing offshore teams to hand-off administrative and repetitive processes and data processing functions.
- Implementing efficient project and programme management tools and lightweight yet effective governance frameworks that simplify decision-making.
- Developing reporting frameworks, utilising thoughtful user-focused design to produce project and programme reports that are simple for Project Managers to complete and provide easily digestible data and visualisations to senior leaders and sponsors.
- Strong stakeholder management skills, comfortable working with and influencing diverse stakeholders at senior levels across multiple business functions.
- Data analysis and interpretation – the ability to critically evaluate information gathered across multiple sources, reconcile variances and recommend improvements to senior management and key stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills; the ability to communicate to a variety of audiences across business function and level, tailoring messages creatively and appropriately.
- Financial management expertise, overseeing budgeting and forecasting cycles, and ensuring costs are accurately tracked and effectively controlled.
- Experience of using PPM and project management tools (e.g. Clarity / MS Project / Project Server), and workflow technologies (e.g. SharePoint design, InfoPath) desirable.
- Competent in using MS Office tools, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Visio.
- Proven ability to multitask and effectively manage time to deliver excellent results.
- Line management experience is desirable for PMO Manager role.
- Knowledge of Financial Services and Capital Markets is preferable as well as front to back experience of Change Management.
WHY JOIN CAPCO?
You will work on engaging projects with some of the largest banks in the world, on projects that will transform the financial services industry.
- A work culture focused on innovation and creating lasting value for our clients and employees
- Ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen existing expertise
- A flat, non-hierarchical structure that will enable you to work with senior partners and directly with clients
- A diverse, inclusive, meritocratic culture