PMO Analyst in our Centralised Project Portfolio Office, Supporting cross functional programmes of work across the bank.
The Project Portfolio Office consists of full time programme and project managers, business analysts and PMOs, with responsibility for global and/or cross-functional projects and programmes, as well as delivering projects for functions that do not have their own dedicated change teams.
The team provides consistent governance and oversight and is not functionally aligned, thereby ensuring impartiality when servicing multiple functions. We work closely with our stakeholders and sponsors in the line and maintain close working relationships with Technology partners, both internal and external.
- The role is to work in a central team of project managers who will deliver a portfolio of cross-functional projects under the Corporate Transformation banner
- Current projects include SCLM, HR Programme and Trade Front to Back
- Responsible for co-ordinating project planning, oversight of documentation and sign offs, tracking and delivery of activities relating to one or more projects within the Project Portfolio Office, working according to the prescribed project governance framework
Key objectives critical to success:
- Attend meetings, maintain minutes and track actions, holding action owners accountable for delivery of key tasks
- Providing clear communication with the key stakeholders of the project's status and RAIDs, all of which require ongoing, proactive management
- Assessment and management of risks and issues, and escalate issues via the appropriate project and program governance structures
- Creation of agenda and materials for senior stakeholder meetings
- Competent in Word, Excel and Powerpoint
Skills, qualifications and knowledge required
- Proven track record of supporting multiple projects across various functions, either at an Investment Bank or in Consulting, with a solid understanding of standard processes and flows and a good understanding of investment banking products
- Strong analytical skillset with ability to assimilate, translate and communicate business concepts and requirements
- Strong stakeholder management in order to drive projects forward and ensure milestones are met
- Ability to adapt to business demands and act as a partner to facilitate delivery
- Attention to detail and high quality standards relating to documentation, processes and the control environment.
- Confident self-starter who can work under pressure, using their own initiative and with the drive to work to aggressive deadlines and to see tasks through to completion
- Background working to a project plan and delivering technology solutions on time
- A sound understanding of the project life cycle and different project management methodologies
- Excellent communicator and influencer, able to build relationships with colleagues at all levels from a range of departments, business areas and cultures in order to build consensus
- Ability to collaborate and work with offshore teams
- Desire to challenge existing processes and drive forward change
- Initiative and ability to think laterally