- Permanent, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- 15 Jan 18
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Base + Bonus + Benefits
- Full time
Oracle Programme Manager (Part Time or Full Time 3 to 5 days a week)
Programme Manager required to head up the creation, execution and programme delivery for the multi year migration of the on-premise Oracle Platform to Fusion.
Schroders Global Technology (GT) function is organised into a number of teams, distributed across Schroders' global offices, with technology hubs in London, Luxembourg, Singapore and New York.
Our application estate is comprised mainly of commercially available off-the-shelf software packages best suited to Schroders' operational needs, complimented by a number of internally developed proprietary systems to service the specific needs of the clients and products that our colleagues support.
We are a leading light in innovation and change, delivering business benefits as effectively and efficiently as possible. As well as assessing and implementing the latest trends in Artificial Intelligence and Robotic Process Automation, we have recently adopted the Scaled Agile (SAFe) methodology in GT to improve out transparency and enterprise agility. Through these approaches and a comprehensive suite of development and delivery tools we continually deliver the highest quality output time and again to help the business achieve their goals.
We also recognise that successfully balancing personal and professional commitments brings out the best in our teams and therefore all roles in Global Technology are reviewed for suitability for flexible working arrangements, with this specific opportunity available to applicants from 3 to 5 days per week. We passionately believe that individual performance is enhanced by embracing the whole individual and structuring a working environment that supports them.
Global technology looks for talented individuals from a diverse set of backgrounds and we encourage applicants from outside the Asset Management industry to apply for our roles. We hold active membership with a variety of organisations to drive greater Diversity and Inclusion across the industry: Business in the Community, OUTstanding (LGBT), Business Disability Forum, Social Mobility Foundation and the Diversity Project (through the Investment Association), in order to drive change within the industry.
Key Duties include:
• Creation and execution of a programme delivery team for the successful migration of the on-premise Oracle platform to Oracle Fusion
• Provide programme leadership that encourages transparency and high quality deliveries in a collaborative manner
• Compliance with Schroders project governance framework, providing regular status updates, escalation of issues and management of resources and budgets
• Stakeholder management throughout Finance, Wealth Management and Technology to ensure expectations are managed and management are kept informed.
• Chairing of steering committees and record keeping of decisions, risks and issues, ensuring that items are resolved or mitigated in a timely fashion
• Matrix management of delivery teams to ensure accountability and timely delivery without direct line management responsibility
• In conjunction with business change teams ensure that operational changes are delivered and aligned with technology component and external party deliveries.
General and Technical skills:
• Experience of managing people within large software development teams
• Knowledge and experience of using Agile methodologies e.g. SAFe, SCRUM, Kanban
• Knowledge and experience of developing technology solutions, both in house developed bespoke applications and commercially available off the shelf solutions
• Strong communication skills, experience managing relationships with board level stakeholders
• Excellent understanding of the business context of the change agenda
• Ability communicate how the work (features and stories) delivered by the Capability teams contributes to Epics and, ultimately, the strategy of the firm
• Ability to produce and communicate effective and insightful thought leadership on technical and business topics
• Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
• Capable of remaining positive when under pressure
• Inspiring and collaborative leader, model of agile leadership approach
• Friendly, approachable, enjoys working with people from a variety of backgrounds
• Ability to manage a large team with minimal supervision in a very dynamic and time critical business environment
• Continuous improvement mind-set, challenges the status quo and seeks self improvement
• Earn respect from their team and be willing to get their hands dirty to get the job done
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.